PDA

View Full Version : Wood Gloat

Jon Lanier
11-07-2007, 5:10 PM
Kids go to a christian school which is on a very large campus with multiple ministries on the land. I had seen the ground crew cutting down a Sugar Maple Tree. I stopped by and asked if I could get any of it. They said I could have all of it... if I wanted. This is what I got so far, I already had some junk in the trunk. I'm going back tomorrow for at least two more full loads.

They told me whenever they fell a tree, they will give me a call. All they do is let it sit and rot or make some firewood out of it. And they can't give it away... :D

That's some reddish/pink latex paint I sealed it with. Not using that stuff anymore (thank God).

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/5719/dsc01988cy8.jpg

http://img125.imageshack.us/img125/5508/dsc01987zg1.jpg

TYLER WOOD
11-07-2007, 5:18 PM
What no pictures? Didn't happen!!!!!;)
Oh and never admit to having junk in the trunk, that's just wrong!!!

Bernie Weishapl
11-07-2007, 5:20 PM
Tyler it didn't happen did it. He is just story telling now. ;):D:rolleyes::cool:

TYLER WOOD
11-07-2007, 5:31 PM
either that or there is a picture, but he said it was maple, not clearo walnut!!:D yes I meant clearo..... get it!!!

John Hart
11-07-2007, 6:18 PM
either that or there is a picture, but he said it was maple, not clearo walnut!!:D yes I meant clearo..... get it!!!

uh boy...I came back for this?:rolleyes: :D

Ken Fitzgerald
11-07-2007, 6:43 PM
uh boy...I came back for this?:rolleyes: :D

You know how it is John.....can't afford meds.....go to the Creek!:eek: :rolleyes: :D

Ken Fitzgerald
11-07-2007, 6:44 PM
Uh....Jon.....my wife I'm sure would correct you and say that's mauve.....:rolleyes:

Jon Lanier
11-07-2007, 6:44 PM
I edited first post with pictures. I didn't realize that I left them out. My wife called around that time and I had to go get her at work. She locked the keys in the car. ROFL. Maybe that's what may me forget the pictures?

Richard Madison
11-08-2007, 12:11 AM
John,
My sweetie really likes the pink, and thinks you should get more of it. She thinks I should get some too, which is not going to happen. Congrats on a good score and a good save of some nice wood.

Jon Lanier
11-08-2007, 1:02 AM
Hey, I've got a gallon of that pink... errr Mauve paint. My wife is more than happy to end that color's life by using it for this purpose.

TYLER WOOD
11-08-2007, 10:20 AM
Hey the pink is actually great. It means you not using it in your house!!!!

Ken Fitzgerald
11-08-2007, 11:14 AM
Hey, I've got a gallon of that pink... errr Mauve paint. My wife is more than happy to end that color's life by using it for this purpose.

Just for the record, I don't like pink or mauve but that's the trim color my wife wanted on her "Goose Gazebo"........it's all hers!:o

Jon Lanier
11-08-2007, 11:19 AM
Hey the pink is actually great. It means you not using it in your house!!!!

After dating my future wife for a while. She took me to meet her grand parents. The house could be seen from the space shuttle in the dark. The optic glow of strong pink covered the whole house. Only a little bit of white for trim. Ugh!