02-11-2004, 7:06 AM
Here are a couple of Pens that I've turned recently,
two antler pens and curley maple with Padauk laminate

THanks for taking a Lookse :) ;)

John Miliunas
02-11-2004, 8:13 AM
Here are a couple of Pens that I've turned recently

Curly Maple I assume? Real good looking pens, Julie! I especially like the second one with the band near the clip. Classy! Thanks for posting! :cool:

Jim Hill 2
02-11-2004, 10:23 AM
Sweet looking pens Julie! Every time I see a pen post I start thinking about buying a lathe and jumping in. Somebody Stop the voices!!! :D Keep up the great work and thanks for posting the pictures!

Jim

John Miliunas
02-11-2004, 10:35 AM
Somebody Stop the voices!!! :D

Jim

Jim, don't (turn) let it get to you. You (lathe) can always (pens) resist the (bowls) temptation. Just take a long (chucks) look at all the (spin) neat tools you (bowl gouge) have for making (skew) flat stuff and the urge (segmented) will go away. As (Freedom Pens) for myself, (Nova) I don't find (Stubby) any problems (Oneway) with keeping my attention (VicMarc) on the flat work at hand. :D

Sorry Jim. You WILL be assimilated...... :cool:

Julie Wright
02-11-2004, 11:36 AM
Jump on in Jim, The water is Fine :)

Chris Johnson
02-11-2004, 11:48 AM
See, I told you the diagonal stripe would work out fine. :D
Don't doubt yourself, as some of my best pens have been 'mistakes' along the way. Nice work Julie.

George Parrott
02-11-2004, 12:13 PM

Julie, the pens look great. What are you using to laminate the end grains in the curly maple/padauk pen? Or does it alternate endgrain/long grain around the pen and use a long grain lamination? Thanks

Tom Sweeney
02-11-2004, 1:01 PM
That's 3 WOW's for 3 fantastic pens! Great job Julie - I like all of them but the curly maple /padauk one is SWEEEET! :cool: I love the diagonal band of Padauk WOW again! :D

Jim Hill 2
02-11-2004, 4:03 PM
Jim, don't (turn) let it get to you. You (lathe) can always (pens) resist the (bowls) temptation. Just take a long (chucks) look at all the (spin) neat tools you (bowl gouge) have for making (skew) flat stuff and the urge (segmented) will go away. As (Freedom Pens) for myself, (Nova) I don't find (Stubby) any problems (Oneway) with keeping my attention (VicMarc) on the flat work at hand. :D

Your Cruel John... as if the voices weren’t enough :D With a little one on the way, the flat project list is growing exponentially. Will be a while before I jump in that part of the creek. Just a matter of time though with beautiful spinney things like this to tickle the imagination.

Jeff Skory
02-11-2004, 10:26 PM

:D :D :D LOL...Great reply!!!

Jeff Skory
02-11-2004, 10:28 PM
Julie,

Beautiful pens. Like everyone else I really like the maple/padauk one.

btw - I ordered Bill Baumbeck's video. Very well done. Now if only I didn't need a bandsaw and drill press first I might be tempted to get a lathe, but it will probably have to wait for a year or two.

Keep up the nice work.

Jeff