PDA

View Full Version : York PA. Woodworker Show

Tom Godley
11-07-2007, 12:58 PM
Good Afternoon All:

I noticed that they are having a show in York PA. this weekend - But, the web site is not working.

Does anyone know anything about it - some on the forum had not too kind reviews of "shows".

I am looking for some new shop machines and was thinking that this could help my search -- I was wondering if any manufactures go to this event.

Thanks

TAG

Doug Rogers
11-07-2007, 4:24 PM
Tom,

I was at the show last year. It is a smaller show. They do have demos and seminars. There weren't many of the big suppliers in attendance. No Kregs, Porter Cable, Bosch etc. They did have a number of local suppliers with some good deals. Now that I look back, Lee Valley did have a booth as did Wood Rat.

There were also several non-wood dealers, such as little giant ladders. Several of the PA wood turning clubs and other carving clubs were represented with members and displays. The Eureka Zone was there last year, but they won't be making a return appearance this year.

If you are going to drive that far for a woodshow, I would suggest that you wait until January and go to the "Wood Working Show" in Timonium, MD. That show is twice the size and had a number of manufacturers and distributors. Kreg had a lot of freebies with purchase. There were a number of book sellers and tons of small shop accessories (Peachtree Woodworking Supply). Router and dovetail demos everywhere.

The price is about the same as York. The best part is that it is only about 30 miles down the road on I-83. The Wood Working Show is a far better return on investment in time and money (IMHO).

Hope that helps.
Doug Rogers

Tom Godley
11-07-2007, 9:53 PM
Thank you for the information

It would be nice to be able to see some larger tools next to each other - I will look into the January show.

Jeffrey Schronce
11-07-2007, 11:04 PM
That website has been down for a couple days. Makes you wonder . . .