PDA

View Full Version : Question on Forum Options

Mike Vermeil
03-04-2003, 8:35 AM
I posted this question on the support forum a couple days ago, but received no reply, so I thought I'd try here:

How do I adjust my settings so that threads that I have already read don't pop back to the top when a new message (reply) is added to them? Or maybe the correct question is, is that possible? I'd like the threads to stay in the order of when the original message was posted.

Ken Salisbury
03-04-2003, 9:18 AM
Originally posted by Mike Vermeil
I posted this question on the support forum a couple days ago, but received no reply, so I thought I'd try here:

How do I adjust my settings so that threads that I have already read don't pop back to the top when a new message (reply) is added to them? Or maybe the correct question is, is that possible? I'd like the threads to stay in the order of when the original message was posted.

Mike ---- the forum is designed to have "active" threads on the top. You can view a thread in a threaded list sorta like The Pond by clicking the "Text Only" button on top of the page. However that listing is in the order the threads were started. The best way to look through is to use the "View New Posts" which will show what you have not read.

You can also see all posts to a thread in "last first" by going to a post and click either "Reply" or "Quote" even if you don't want to post a reply ---- but at the bottom of the "post" or "quote" screen you will see the entire thread (text only) in a reverse threaded listing