PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!

Shane Nyvall
11-06-2007, 7:52 PM
I have someone that would like for me to make them some pen and pencil kits. Well that is not the problem, the problem is that he wants an eversharp pencils. Where can I get those kits or do the even make one???

Dean Matthews
11-06-2007, 8:20 PM
I just googled Eversharp Pencil and it looks like they are typically metal pencils. It seems that the big deal is that they were the first mechanical pencil.

Mike Vickery
11-06-2007, 8:27 PM
I think you need to talk to him again. Does he want you to make pencil using the actual mechanism for an Eversharp, or is he using Eversharp as a generic term for Mechanical pencils.
Their will be no kits for this but if he has an actual Eversharp he can provide it may be possible to take out the mechanism and make a wood bind for it ( depends on how it was made). I kind of doubt that is what he wants though, he probably just want a mechanical pencil and all the pen kit manufacturers carry them.

Shane Nyvall
11-06-2007, 9:44 PM
That is what I was thinking, I just wanted to be sure. And yes I looked through all of the pages on google and all I found were the metal one also.

Leo Pashea
11-06-2007, 9:52 PM
Shane, I think your customer is using the trade name "Eversharp" as a generic term for a mechanical pencil. Mechanical pencil kits are available from any vendor that carries pen kits. Berea Hardwoods, Craft Supply, and Penn State Industries are a few vendors that will have kits. I have turned a few of these kits in the Slimline variation, and they work well.