PDA

View Full Version : Greetings! and some pics

Joe Bourbois
02-10-2004, 10:43 PM
Hellow everyone. Been lurking awhile and really enjoy this board. I decided to poke my head in and introduce myself as I'm sure I'll be asking questions and, well, it's just polite.

I've been woodworking off and on for about 10 years, mostly off, especially the last year or so. Moved into a new house with a big garage that I get to use a substantial portion of, so I'm getting back into it. Here's a couple of pictures of recent projects, an entertainment center and a loft bed for my son.

Thanks for looking!

John Miliunas
02-10-2004, 11:03 PM
Welcome to the Creek, Joe. Glad you decided to join our happy troup of dust-makers! Of course, you realize, you've already made me feel bad, posting some great work right off the get-go, but that's OK, because Dale keeps telling us *he's* the worst! Anyhow, come often, stay long and enjoy! :cool:

Chris Pasko
02-10-2004, 11:07 PM
Sheesh, svs, sunfire, b&k, jvc, sony, simpson....some relaly nice equipment there!

Bob Lasley
02-10-2004, 11:27 PM
Welcome to SMC Joe. Nice job on the entertainment center and bunk desk. Looking forward to seeing more.

Bob

Todd Burch
02-10-2004, 11:45 PM
Welcome Joe!

Nice looking Cherry EC there, and the paint job on the bunk thing looks great!

Joe Bourbois
02-11-2004, 12:22 AM
John--thanks for the compliment. I've got 3 words for you: low resolution photo. I know every defect in both those pieces, and there's plenty!

Chris--good eye to catch the SVS. or did you hear it? it is loud. and to tell the truth, that picture is a few months old; I've upgraded the B&K Ref30 to a Ref50 and added a stereo amp to run rear surrounds (7.1 system). I love my movies.

Thanks for the compliment Bob. I look forward to posting more.

And Todd, thanks too. 1 primer and three top coats, it better look okay, eh. I've enjoyed looking at your pics. Hope your finger is getting better!

Dick Parr
02-11-2004, 6:40 AM
Welcome Joe, very nice work.

Kurt Aebi
02-11-2004, 6:59 AM
Nice work Joe,

Welcome to the Creek - Enjoy your hobby.

Kurt

Tyler Howell
02-11-2004, 7:08 AM
Nice tunege Dude! What PA is that? Bet it can kick some serious music A**. Is that a Home Theater Rig? or Straight up Stereo? What kinda speakers you drivin? Looks like a record pre amp but I don't see a platter spinner??:confused:

Doah!! :o Sorry this is wood working Not Tune Time.

Welcome to the Creek great place to wade around but look out for the current. You can get soggy pants in no time. It will drag you in fast and deep.

I guess I could have read Chris' thread first. Nice Joe

Waymon Campbell
02-11-2004, 7:35 AM
Joe - Welcome to the 'Creek. Hope you don't mind, but I might steal/borrow your bed design for my grandson when he is old enough. It looks awesome.

Waymon...

Mark Mazzo
02-11-2004, 8:54 AM
Hi Joe,

Welcome to the Creek! Glad you found the place. There are lots of good people here doing lots of good work and good advice to boot.

Nice work in the pictures you posted. I'm especially interested in your design for the loft bed. I need to make on of those for my 5 year old son soon. Care to share some of the details on the materials and design of it with us? Of course any additional pictures of details would be great.

Again welcome aboard!

--Mark

Dennis McDonaugh
02-11-2004, 9:26 AM
Welcome aboard Joe, nice looking projects. Where do you live in San Antonio? We live off Broadway just north of downtown.

Joe Bourbois
02-11-2004, 11:11 PM
Nice tunege Dude! What PA is that? Bet it can kick some serious music A**. Is that a Home Theater Rig? or Straight up Stereo? What kinda speakers you drivin? Looks like a record pre amp but I don't see a platter spinner??:confused:

Doah!! :o Sorry this is wood working Not Tune Time.

Welcome to the Creek great place to wade around but look out for the current. You can get soggy pants in no time. It will drag you in fast and deep.

I guess I could have read Chris' thread first. Nice Joe

Thanks, Tyler. It's an HT rig. I've since moved so it's not in that cabinet anymore. You can see the whole setup here (running NHTs all the way around except sub):
http://home.satx.rr.com/joeb/

Joe Bourbois
02-11-2004, 11:13 PM
Hi Joe,

Welcome to the Creek! Glad you found the place. There are lots of good people here doing lots of good work and good advice to boot.

Nice work in the pictures you posted. I'm especially interested in your design for the loft bed. I need to make on of those for my 5 year old son soon. Care to share some of the details on the materials and design of it with us? Of course any additional pictures of details would be great.

Again welcome aboard!

--Mark

Waymon & Mark, thanks for the compliments. I'll post a separate thread on the loft bed so you won't miss it.

Dennis-Thanks, I live around Bitters & Blanco.

Chris Padilla
02-12-2004, 10:40 AM
Nice stuff! Welcome to SMC! :D

Tyler Howell
02-12-2004, 1:03 PM
Thanks, Tyler. It's an HT rig. I've since moved so it's not in that cabinet anymore. You can see the whole setup here (running NHTs all the way around except sub):
http://home.satx.rr.com/joeb/

Joe,

Nice HT. Is it worth the time and effort for 7-1? Have all the componants, and Sub just haven't strung the wire yet. So many other things getting in the way of my fun.;)

Joe Bourbois
02-12-2004, 10:47 PM
Joe,

Nice HT. Is it worth the time and effort for 7-1? Have all the componants, and Sub just haven't strung the wire yet. So many other things getting in the way of my fun.;)

Well there's not a bunch of software that take advantage of the extra 2 speakers. I can hear the difference when watching a movie that's Dolby EX v. regular Dolby, but I don't think anyone else in my family can. Go for it, though. That way when you watch something that uses it you won't be constantly thinking you're missing something.