PDA

View Full Version : Trek across north country

Bobby Hatfield
11-06-2007, 12:55 PM
Ok guys, hope someone living in NY, VT, NH, ME can tell me how US-2 from Plattsburge NY to Bangor ME will be about last of May, first of June, for the leg across there on my first trip back to Limestone ME in 50 years. This OleGrouch will be traveling in an old motorhome, pulling an old jeep. Bobby

Greg Cole
11-06-2007, 1:07 PM
Bobby,
Should be fine. Route 2 wanders over hill n dale and through a lot of places ya don't see on a map.... and sounds like ya won't be in a big hurry cause ya wont get there fast that 'away.
If you are driving the motor coach (like Greyhound bus size), ya might not enjoy the ride as much as in something a wee bit easier to maneuver.
The northern part of VT you'll be going through is "home" to me no matter where I hang my hat today.

Greg

Glenn Clabo
11-06-2007, 1:40 PM
Bobby...
You picked a beautiful trip...and the roads will be fine. However you may need an interpretor downtheah. Them New Englandahs sure talk funny.;)

Greg Cole
11-06-2007, 1:47 PM
Glen,
That's only the NH'ers and the Mainiacs... Ummm and southern NY'ers... and about anywhere in MA.
Oh yeah, hope you don't mind mosquitos and or black flies.... they are plentiful in them there parts.
The biting bugs are about the only thing I don't miss from home.
Take the time to drive up Mt Mansfield in VT, or MT Washington in NH of the weather is clear......

Greg

Jim Becker
11-06-2007, 3:18 PM
Can't help with the route, Bobby, but have a great time!!

Andy Hoyt
11-07-2007, 12:35 AM
Sorry, Bobby.

You can't get heah from theyah

Bobby Hatfield
11-07-2007, 1:46 PM
This be the bus, hope to be dragging an old jeep behind her. Bobby

Glenn Clabo
11-07-2007, 1:53 PM
For those of you who don't know Bobby...and how far he's come in life...Here's what he upgraded from...