PDA

View Full Version : Here's a detailed press release you can use.

Jerry Stringer
02-10-2004, 10:39 PM
I put together a little press release that you can give your local news media, sponsors, etc.

I took some of it off of the web site and added some extra details that have happened in the program.

Before you hand it out, remember that I have put MY information at the end of it as a contact person, and have advertised a Turn-A-Thon in Forth Worth.

It's in Word format so most people can edit it as needed.

Thanks!

Jerry

Jerry Stringer
02-10-2004, 10:48 PM
If the attachment doesn't work, here's the address:

http://users.htcomp.net/jds/PressRelease.doc

Good luck!

Jerry

Julie Wright
02-11-2004, 6:34 AM
Thanks Jerry.

I'll make the changes and put it to good Use :)

Joel Shapiro
02-11-2004, 10:15 AM
Thanks Jerry,
I made the changes and faxed it to the New Jersey Herald.

Joe Tonich
02-11-2004, 5:20 PM
COOL! I have a meeting Fri. at ODOT. They have a committee for things like this and I can take a copy with me. :) It'd be cool if it makes it thru all the Districts and maybe a couple other state agencies. Man I'm nervous, I HATE having an audience! :( Anyone else have anything I could print up so maybe I could keep the "Talk Factor" to a minimum?

Joe

Jerry Stringer
02-11-2004, 7:30 PM
Man I'm nervous, I HATE having an audience! :( Anyone else have anything I could print up so maybe I could keep the "Talk Factor" to a minimum?

Joe

Joe, Buddy, . . . ya gotta have the right motivation!!!

You don't WANT to keep the talk factor to a medium . . . you want to show the excitement about the program in your voice because excitement is infectious. You spread a little to them, and you don't need to worry about what to say.

A good way to approach a talk like this is to pretend that you are talking to your wife . . . BUT . . . you already know that she has just spent a lot of cash on a fur coat that she is hiding from you! It puts you in a position of coming out the winner! :D

Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Jerry

Art Hendrix
04-12-2004, 6:31 PM
Hi Jerry,

I can't seem to open your press release Word document, and the htcomp address wants a userid and password. Could you maybe send it to me via PM?

We are working on getting publicity for our Freedom Pen Turn-a-Thon to be held June 4-12 at the Hunt County (TX) Fair in Greenville. By the way, you're invited! Also all other area turners!

Thanks.

Art Hendrix, Member
Hunt County Woodturners

Art Hendrix
04-13-2004, 2:31 AM
Jerry, thanks so much for sending the press release in Word. I received it and have updated it for our contact info. I am now about ready to go to the local newspaper. I think I'll call him first and give him the web site address to read up on it before I get there. I know they will support our efforts because it is a wonderful project.

Thanks again, and come on out to the Hunt County Fair with us!

Art Hendrix