PDA

View Full Version : What would this look like

Chris Oakley
02-10-2004, 9:52 PM
Has anyone made raised panel doors using contrasting wood for the frame and the panel? I really like the look of using contrasting woods together, and wondered what this would look like (in something like an entertainment center or cabinet). Am I crazy?

Dave Avery
02-10-2004, 10:07 PM
www.charlesradtke.com

Scott Coffelt
02-10-2004, 10:33 PM
I saw some beautiful cabinets at Nebraska Furniture mart in their designer kitchen displays with Birdseye Maple Frames and Carcasses and real patterned Red (Sap) Gum. Totally awesome look. Now I am not sure how lets say a whole room of Maple and Walnut would look or something that extreme.

Chris Padilla
02-11-2004, 10:29 AM
My wife and I are trying to design an EC right now. It will mostly be maple but we are tyring to bring in some walnut and we are finding it to be quite busy and so keep limiting the amount of it mixed with the maple.

Mixing some clear, white maple with birdseye, however....WOW!

Steve Beadle
02-11-2004, 11:22 AM
Has anyone made raised panel doors using contrasting wood for the frame and the panel? I really like the look of using contrasting woods together, and wondered what this would look like (in something like an entertainment center or cabinet). Am I crazy?
I recently completed an armoire for my youngest daughter, and before I assembled the frame and panel doors, I stained the panels only. I liked the contrast between the frames and the panels so much that I was tempted to leave the red oak frame unstained.

Chris Oakley
02-11-2004, 12:03 PM
Steve:

That's what I kind of had in mind. I really like that look, might have to add it to my next project.