PDA

View Full Version : Incra jig and Rockler Aluminum plate

Steven Bolton
11-05-2007, 10:31 PM
I like the router table I ordered from Rockler. It came with a blue aluminum plate like the one shown.

With my incra ultra lite, I think the black insert in the router plate is causing me some problems. It isn't exactly level with the blue plate and I think I get uneven joints as a result.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

sb

Steven Bolton
11-05-2007, 10:36 PM
Actually, the correct plate is the one shown below. You have to use a small tool to insert the lifts. I think with the one I displayed the first time, you could shim it. This one doesn't appear to lend it self to shiming.

Thanks

sb

glenn bradley
11-06-2007, 12:11 AM
I made a batch of throat plates from 1/8" tempered hardboard. They do actually fit better than the plastic ones I have. You can always do a little sanding on the underside of your plastic plates and shim back up with tape if you go too far.

From the description of your problem it sounds like you are using the plate, and therefor, the insert and a reference surface while you are in motion. That is, pressing down onto the table top. You could try clamping the material to the fence /slider or whatever you are using as a carrier. This would prevent up and down motion if traveling over a slightly uneven (or flexible) surface.

Steven Bolton
11-06-2007, 12:48 PM
My router plate inserts look like this. It looks like it would be hard to make out of hardboard. Is this the type you have. You insert them and then turn them and they sort are screwed in.

thanks

sb

John Keane
11-06-2007, 3:51 PM
Steve, I had the same setup at one time. I would contact Rockler and identify the problem. They will probably send a new center. Good Luck.

glenn bradley
11-06-2007, 10:15 PM
My router plate inserts look like this. It looks like it would be hard to make out of hardboard. Is this the type you have. You insert them and then turn them and they sort are screwed in.

thanks

sb

Sorry about that. I was looking at the first pic which is like mine.

Steven Bolton
11-06-2007, 11:10 PM
John, did you have the same problem?

Thanks

sb