PDA

View Full Version : Gloat

Christopher Pine
11-05-2007, 4:45 PM
I would never had bought one of these machines except I got it for my best estimation a steal. It is the delta 31-250 18 inch drum sander. I am so excited.. Not much wrong with it that I have found yet. The knob for the feed belt needs to be replaced(Just the little plastic knob) the drive and switch and everything work fine. It needs some adjusting but I tried it as is on some scrap wood and works great!
Anyone else have this sander and what do you suggest for maintenance, add ons etc? I may add the pnematic drum sander that goes on a shaft outboard of unit. Not sure about that yet. I need to buy some paper for it but what is on it now will work for a time.

Oh I paid $250 from a craiglister.

http://s202.photobucket.com/albums/aa172/cpine_01/?action=view&current=sander.jpg

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a nice day!

I never get this lucky! Its about time!

Oh by the way I also insulated today in the attic space above my garage with free insulation from a insulation company that got it from a hame and could not reuse it. It was the white shredded fiberglass insulation. It had small amounts of the old wool type mixed in but it worked just fine and the price was awesome! (FREE)

Chris

Brian Weick
11-05-2007, 4:54 PM
You by ,the standards and rules of SMC, can not validate a gloat ~ without "pictures" to back the "Gloat claim", oh and by the way , it's official ~ "you suck" ~ nice Gloat!,-LOL. You gota love it when things go the way you hope they will.
Have a great time with that Chris- and don't forget the pics! :)
Brian

Brian Weick
11-05-2007, 5:11 PM
Way to go! Sweet!
Nice Gloat CHris! :eek:
Brian

"Jason Belous"
11-06-2007, 5:33 PM
I have two of these same sanders. your going to wan't to get the extention table from delta for this sander it will run you about $60. Also you will always wan't to sand you pieces before you cut the exact lenghts, you will get snipe so this will eliminate you damaging your sticks. Mine have worked awesome and you got a great deal.

Bill Wyko
11-06-2007, 6:28 PM
MAN I thought my BIL gotta good deal for a griz at twice the price. Good job.

Rick Beko
11-12-2007, 1:43 AM
I also have this sander and was curious to hear what others do for maintenance. Which bearings require lubrication and what do you use for lubrication...oil, wax, grease etc??

Lou Ferrarini
11-12-2007, 7:08 AM
I heard these sanders really stink. I'll be glad to take it off your hands, no charge for the disposal.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Seriously, nice sander..

Paul Johnstone
11-13-2007, 5:07 PM
I had one for about 8 years (until I upgraded).
For hobbyist use, you don't have to do any maintenance.
I recommend getting one of those rubber blocks that are "sandpaper cleaners" and use it after each session. That will really length your sandpaper lifespan.

Also, on the outfeed side, slightly lift your board up as it exits the sander and you will not get snipe.

Don't take off too much at once.

Search the forum for other advice.