PDA

View Full Version : Lion trimmer fiasco

Larry Conely
11-05-2007, 2:37 PM
This is an update to an earlier thread. I sent my Lion miter trimmer blades back to the factory for sharpening. After 2 1/2 months, I started calling, faxing and emailing to find out where they were. No response.

Finally, in September I was contacted saying I would receive them the week of 17 September. Again, no response.

I continued calling, faxing and emailing to request my blades be returned unsharpened: just return them. No response.

On October 25th, 4 months to the day since they were delivered to the factory, I got a call saying they were done. To compensate for the delay, I could get a deal on accessories. I wanted an extra set of blades so I ordered them. Because of the original delay, I was told they would be sent with my sharpened blades and I could pay by check once received. My blades arrived a few days later, without the promised blades. I contacted Lion again to inquire. No response.

Needless to say, I've had enough abuse from Lion. Never again.

Larry

John Lucas
11-05-2007, 2:57 PM
Larry,
I am very tardy in reading this thread. I wanted to tell you that the Liontrimmer blades are the easiest blades to sharpen. Handle them with care becassue they can be really sharp. But use Scary Sharp. The first time will take you 1/2 hr but after that, about 5 minutes. I use the Rockler kit with plate glass. I sharpen chisels on this setup also but the Lion Trimmer blades is where I see the best improvment. For sure, if you scary sharp all the way to the 2000, those blades will give you better cuts than ever before. By the way, I only sharpen the flat side.

Gary Keedwell
11-05-2007, 3:12 PM
I think they were lion to you:eek: :D Get it;)

Keith Outten
11-05-2007, 7:40 PM
Larry,

Thanks for the heads up. I own a Lion Trimmer but I won't be using their sharpening services.

Keith

James Biddle
11-05-2007, 8:12 PM
For future reference; I sent my knives to Scott Whiting. Came back quickly and were unbelievably sharp.

Larry Conely
11-05-2007, 9:05 PM
James,

For future reference, how does one contact Scott Whiting?

Thanks,

Larry

Norman Hitt
11-06-2007, 3:30 AM
James,

For future reference, how does one contact Scott Whiting?

Thanks,

Larry

Larry, the easy way is to click on the members list at the top of this page, then go to page 13 of the "S" and you will find Scott Whiting about halfway down the page. Click on either send a private message, or send an email and then write your message and send it.

Scott Banbury
11-06-2007, 9:02 AM
For furure miter trimmer shrapeners, every town has a place that sharpens "chopper" blades for picture framers. Just ask your local custome picture framer where they get theirs done. Chances are they will also be set up to do your planer/jointer blades as well.

Brad Evans
11-06-2007, 9:09 AM
I thought Lion was out of business. No???

Larry Conely
11-06-2007, 10:56 AM
Based on my experience, I would agree that they are out of business.