PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly Bandsaw is here

Ray Dockrey
02-10-2004, 2:33 PM
My G0555 arrived today. It came Overnite Express and I have to say I was impressed. The driver took it off the truck for me, wheeled it into the garage, and helped me unbox it and check for damage. The box had some tears in it, but everything was packed well and there was no damage. I had to come back to work so I didn't get to do anything with it yet. But it is every bit as nice as the one I looked at and I am very impressed so far. I will keep you guys up to date and will post a picture when I get it together.

Mark Rios
02-10-2004, 4:43 PM
Congratulations, Ray. I'm sure that you'll just love your saw as much as the rest of us that have aquired it recently. Did you order the riser block as well? How about your Timberwolf Blades? As I was researching my bandsaw purchase I started reading about needing to adjust the fence for drift. Drift was also mentioned in the manual also. But after I got my TW blades on I didn't need to even think about it anymore. Which is what the friendly folks told me at Suffolk as well when I asked about saw set-up. They said that I wouldn't really have to worry about blade drift with their blades and they were right even while cutting up the walnut sectiions that I've been working on; 10"-12" thick sections anywhere from 16" to 24" long. I find that I really work the saw hard and it seems to just take everything in stride.

Some people have found a little confusion with the set-up instructions in the manual but it really does go together quite well. The top is pretty heavy and help getting it into place is a good idea.

Congratulations again. Looking forward to your next post with pics.

Ray Dockrey
02-10-2004, 5:30 PM
Mark, Thanks for the nice words. I have a TW blade for it and the riser kit is on the way. It is supposed to be delivered Thursday by UPS. I will certainly post picks when I get it up and running.

Kent Cori
02-10-2004, 10:30 PM
Ray,

I have the same setup, G0555, Timberwolf blades and 6" riser. You will really like it.

Be sure to mount the fence rail in the lower set of holes or otherwise the fence will stick up too high above the table. DAMHIKT.

Mark Rios
02-11-2004, 12:59 AM
Ray,

I have the same setup, G0555, Timberwolf blades and 6" riser. You will really like it.

Be sure to mount the fence rail in the lower set of holes or otherwise the fence will stick up too high above the table. DAMHIKT.

Kent, that was one of the "confusing issues" that I mentioned above that I had encountered. I had to get a replacement table (first one was warped) and it only had one set of holes in it. I called Grizzly and they said that it was a design change (what else is new) and some people get the table with one set of holes and some get the table with two sets. Oh well, if that's the only difficulty I have with the saw I'll be really happy. This is sure becoming a mighty popular saw. A lot of people have bought it over the last couple of months.