PDA

View Full Version : UFO landing - Yeh Right!

Joe Pelonio
11-05-2007, 9:29 AM
OK, I know I'll look silly on this one but what the heck.

I went to my parents for the weekend to replace the broken up corrugated fiberglass covering their deck with metal, and some other work around the place before winter.

They are on a rural road with many farms nearby (they have 5 acres and 2 llamas). The road goes another 6-7 miles up the side of a mountain with multi-million dollar homes up top that have views of the water and Victoria, BC in one direction, the Olympic mountains in the other.

Anyway, I was sleeping in the guest room and at 4:30am when awakened by the sound of a vehicle. It was not like a car or truck, but definitely an engine. Sort of a whining to it. Looking toward the side road (private) out the window there was no light at all. It sort of faded away, then started to get louder again so I hopped out of bed. Looking out the window in the dark I still saw nothing and actually looked up as if it might be a UFO taking off!:eek:

Later when they were up I asked if they had heard anything strange during the night. My Mom said she had woken up at 4:30 but didn't know why. Aha, I thought, she heard it too.

Then my Dad explained it. The neighbor down the side road gets up at 4am daily. On Sunday he keeps an eye out for the paper delivery, and when it comes he likes to drive his tractor in the dark, down the road to the mailbox to get it.:rolleyes:

Gary Keedwell
11-05-2007, 9:47 AM
You should have known better....the propulsion systems used by star travelers are basically silent to human ears.
Gary

Jeffrey Makiel
11-05-2007, 11:10 AM
The neighbor down the side road gets up at 4am daily. On Sunday he keeps an eye out for the paper delivery, and when it comes he likes to drive his tractor in the dark, down the road to the mailbox to get it.:rolleyes:

Getting up at 4am on Sunday to get the paper? Sounds like he may have been taken over by a body-snatcher! :)

-Jeff :)

Steve knight
11-05-2007, 11:40 AM
You should have known better....the propulsion systems used by star travelers are basically silent to human ears.
Gary
well who knows about that but I am sure they would not use internal combustion engines since have not found any gas stations in space (G)

Joe Pelonio
11-05-2007, 12:31 PM
Getting up at 4am on Sunday to get the paper? Sounds like he may have been taken over by a body-snatcher! :)

-Jeff :)
Apparently he used to work at a place two hours away and once he got used to getting up that early couldn't break the habit.

Gary Keedwell
11-05-2007, 2:25 PM
well who knows about that but I am sure they would not use internal combustion engines since have not found any gas stations in space (G)
Just because they haven't found them, doesn't mean they aren't there:rolleyes: Besides, their system of travel would be beyond our comprehension.;)
Gary

Lou Morrissette
11-05-2007, 2:36 PM
Would that be classified as an Unidentified Farming Object?:rolleyes:
Sorry

Lou

Per Swenson
11-05-2007, 3:28 PM
Nope Lou,

A Tractor Beam.

Per

Gary Keedwell
11-05-2007, 3:47 PM
Would that be classified as an Unidentified Farming Object?:rolleyes:
Sorry

Lou:D :D :D :D :D Good one

Greg Muller
11-05-2007, 3:56 PM
LOU!!!

You just forced me into a spit-take!
50 lashes with a link belt studded with hex-head machine screws!:D

2funny!

Greg

Gary Keedwell
11-06-2007, 4:52 PM
I know this will probably bring ridicule my way, but my best friend and I saw a UFO in 1966. We were teenagers and were walking home around midnight after visiting a couple of girls who were babysitting.
We were walking down a hill on a sidewalk when my buddy pointed it out to me. I refused to look up because he was a joker. Anyways when I looked up..there it was. About two telephone poles high, it just hovered there. It was round with a dome on the top. It hovered for awhile then slowly went across the small clearing and over the trees , so we couldn't see it anymore. We lived down the street from a the electric company and it was headed in that direction.
We went alot of years without talking about it and one day after we both got discharged from the Army we talked about it in a barroom. I haven't seen a UFO since, but was fascinated when "close Encouters of the 3rd kind" came out. Well, that's my story and I'm sticking with it.
Oh yea, if I didn't see that when I was 16 years old, Iwould not believe they existed, since I'm basically a skeptic.
Gary

Mark Engel
11-06-2007, 5:19 PM
I don't believe it!!!!

You were a teenager in 1966???? Holy Crap! :eek:

Gary Keedwell
11-06-2007, 5:32 PM
I don't believe it!!!!

You wise guy whippersnapper!!!!!!!
Your day will come. lol;)

Greg Cole
11-06-2007, 5:37 PM
Maybe the neighbor thinks his tractor is sexy....?

Gary, you a skeptic... who'da known? :D I believe that's inherent to a New Englander, stoic & skeptic.....

Kinda like my wife telling here sister this weekend to all but ignore me "cause he's the biggest smart _ss". No dear, just the biggest smart _ss in the house:rolleyes:

Greg

Joe Pelonio
11-06-2007, 6:04 PM
I don't believe it!!!!
Watch it now, I was 14 in 1966. The year I bought my first car, speaking of UFOs, a 1958 Chrysler for $30. :D

Tony Zona
11-06-2007, 6:40 PM
Check with some astronomer friends and you will learn that Comet Holmes, which had been invisible to all but the largest amateur telescopes, increased a million times in brightness a couple week ago.

Now you can see it naked eye at night in the northeast. It went from a dot in the black to a large fuzzy spot.

This means that one or more UFOs are hiding behind it. That is the only possible conclusion.

:-))

Gary Keedwell
11-07-2007, 9:18 AM
I personally don't think UFO's need to "hide". With their ability to travel probably faster then the speed of light (186,000 miles per second) they probably make themselves and their travel vessel invisible. It could very well be that hundreds are flying around at eye-sight this very minute. Our primitive radar screens would not pick it up. There's also the theory that they could just go to the bottom of the oceans and be undetected.
Imagine if they all turned off their "invisible shields" at the same time.:eek: There would be pandemonium everywhere. I sure would like to see one more before I croak.:)
Gary

David G Baker
11-07-2007, 11:17 AM
Check with some astronomer friends and you will learn that Comet Holmes, which had been invisible to all but the largest amateur telescopes, increased a million times in brightness a couple week ago.

Now you can see it naked eye at night in the northeast. It went from a dot in the black to a large fuzzy spot.

This means that one or more UFOs are hiding behind it. That is the only possible conclusion.

:-))
Tony,
I saw the Holmes Comet when it passed overhead. Had to go to the chiropractor the next day to get the kink out of my neck.
My favorite IFO was Hale-Bopp when it visited our galaxy several years back.
I am pretty well surrounded by trees so I don't get to see much of the sky from my home.
I do get a bunch of UFOs going across my lawn in the Winter months. Most are snowmobiles, at least I think they are.

Gary Keedwell
11-07-2007, 11:28 AM
Yea, Was that the comet that a Kool-aid crowd killed themselves hoping that their spirit would hitch a ride with it?:eek: :D :(
Gary

Per Swenson
11-07-2007, 8:46 PM
I'm with Gary on this.

There are far more questionable assumptions that Humans

believe in unequivocally, then the possibility that advanced

extra terrestrial life has the ability to space travel.

Per