PDA

View Full Version : Creekers Weekend Accomplishments....

Dennis Peacock
11-05-2007, 9:24 AM
Good Morning.!
5 Nov 2007

I hope this finds each of you doing well, healthy, and prosperous. This is my wish and hope for all of you.

Since I have finished up the kitchen table, I have the table and it's chairs to be delivered to it's owner tonight. The LOML will be glad to get it out of her house. :D

I've started the assembly of one of the two wine cabinets for a friend of mine and I hope to have them both assembled this week.....I hope.

Well, that's it for this week, so what did YOU do this weekend?

Best of weeks to you all.

Tyler Howell
11-05-2007, 9:36 AM
Thanks for the good wishes Dennis. Back atchya!
Not as productive as I had hoped. I stayed in the city just to get some work done. Just couldn't get the list cleaned up.
Went to the movies, Made dinner for a friend and went to the gun range.

Don Bullock
11-05-2007, 9:43 AM
Dennis, it sounds like you had quite a productive weekend in the shop.

I got my first "shop time" in over a month. Finally those cuts that I had the table saw set up to make got done and I could move on to other things. In addition to using the table saw I used a router and my new sign maker to experiment on a sign I'm making for a friend. She wants a sign with her horses name for his barn stall. I also planned out a top and shelf in some quilted maple I'm using for a round table. I also managed to watch the two NASCAR races.

Matt Meiser
11-05-2007, 9:48 AM
Friday night we took my dauther to Bee Movie which was OK, but not great.

Saturday I got a really good start on the easel I'm building my daughter for Christmas--its probabably 1/3 done. I'm pretty much designing it as I go since I didn't really find what I was looking for in a plan. My dauther stayed with my MIL so we went out to eat and to Best Buy to get new cell phones.

Sunday we went to church and then over to my parents where I helped my dad with the transmission he started rebuilding for his truck this past summer. He and my uncle got it all disaasembled and had started cleaning everything so we finished cleaning and got the two clutch packs reassembled which was about all he could handle. My plan is to get it reasseembled in the next couple weeks and swap it with the one in the truck before the end of the year.

Michael Panis
11-05-2007, 10:00 AM
Finished the glueups for my bookshelf carcasses. I finished them before glueing, so the shop has been covered with drop cloths. The highlight was pulling off all the dropcloths and seeing my tablesaw again. I missed it (her?).

Steve Clardy
11-05-2007, 10:23 AM
Worked on cabinets saturday.

Sunday was firewood day again. Winters coming :eek:

Karl Laustrup
11-05-2007, 10:45 AM
Mornin' Dennis and the rest of you as well.

First, thanks for all the well wishes about my hand. :) Although it is still sore, I had to get some stuff done outside, so Saturday I drained the lawn roller and then spent some time refurbishing a mini wall of 4x4's.

I had had them just stacked and over time they had fallen down. So, I drilled and pounded 6" nails to hold each course together. By the time I was done with that my hand was really hurting :o and my ankle was starting to hurt also, so that was it for the weekend.

Sunday was football. Yelled at the TV a lot during the KC/Packers game, but in the end the result was good.:D Looks like Brett has found a long distance reciever. Then it was the Pats/Colts game. Good game.

Looks like a light week for me again as the hand still hurts.

Have a good week ya'll.

Karl

Jim Becker
11-05-2007, 10:58 AM
It was a lovely weekend, weather-wise, more or less. I did get the last of my QS cherry inventory milled and the face frame built for the linen cabinet that will be going in the master bath "toilet room". Unfortunately, at that point, I ran out of material and the delivery I was expecting didn't show. So I got to other necessary tasks around the house including getting two light fixtures installed under the new canopy roof over the kitchen door and assembling some new Ikea dressers for the girls. (They managed to destroy the original cheapos we purchased back in 2005 when we first met them and it is time to start getting them ready for having their own rooms in a few months time) Other than that, I enjoyed the extra hour of sleep!

JayStPeter
11-05-2007, 11:15 AM
Now that the track day season has ended, I'm back in the shop. I finished cleaning the mess from the metalwork and home renovations that had taken over. I finally had a chance to look at the workbench project that sits waiting to be completed.
I investigated why my bandsaw blade is wobbling a bit and wound up trashing the upper tire trying to smooth it out. So, I ordered a new one. I also found a weak spot on the saw itself where a part of the tensioning mechanism was bending. So, I ordered another and will weld some bracing on the weak part before reinstalling.

Jay

Norman Pyles
11-05-2007, 11:21 AM
Hi guys, I just got here about 2 weeks ago, love this place. Spent the weekend digging up banana trees, and elephant ears for the winter. Total of 21 banana trees, and 5 of them are huge. Started out the summer with only 5 trees. I just got them loaded in my truck, to take to my mom's basement. I have to work slow, with my bad back. Had to stop all woodworking to take care of the garden. Oh yeah, I got to play with my grandson on sunday.

Ken Fitzgerald
11-05-2007, 11:43 AM
Saturday I managed to get the walls in the east half of the shop ready for painting. After getting off the ladder, I had a major vertigo attack. Sunday, headed towards the shop to sponge the mud on the joints of the wallboard on the ceiling....Nope.....water leaking onto the freezer in the basement utility room. While locating the source of the leak, had another vertigo attack. Later that evening, I got the sponging done. The east half is ready for paint! One step closer to finishing it and unpacking my new toys.:D

Nancy Laird
11-05-2007, 11:48 AM
First, thanks for all the well wishes about my hand. :) Although it is still sore....my hand was really hurting.... Looks like a light week for me again as the hand still hurts. Karl

Karl, have you been to a doctor about that hand. It sounds like you may have cracked or chipped a bone in it and didn't realize it. You may have to immobilize it for a while so it can heal.

Friday I delivered laser orders to a customer, did a little work, napped. Saturday had a craft show at a local high school--lots of lookie-loos, but few buyers. Good thing did come of it because a customer made a special trip to the school to drop off the deposit check so we can start work on a kitchen full of new cabinet doors and drawer fronts. Good Italian dinner on the way home. Yesterday we raided the store for hardware for the kitchen job and (stealth gloat) new Shelix heads for the 6" SCTW jointer and 15" SCTW planer. Since we're going to be shoving many many BF of oak through the jointer and planer, it made sense to buy the new heads now. I'm looking forward to seeing how they work.

Have a great week, everyone.

Nancy (46 days)

Al Willits
11-05-2007, 1:24 PM
Sat and Sun days were the Marc Adams seminar that the Minn woodworking guild put on, whoa! lots of info, gonna take a week to decipher all the notes I took...:)
Did pick up a few of his DVD's, pretty good stuff, and he does a very good job of explainning and showing what works best for him.

Had to cut short sundays session by a hour or so, dog got sick and had to get home to help, dogs ok now, and while she recovered (Addisons desease) from her setback, Beasty and I finished the car/boat port...no more ladders for a while..yaaaaay

Went for fish and chips after and watched a movie for a laid back finish to the weekend.

Pretty excited as with in a week or two I'll be starting the kitchen cabinets, this will be the first "has to be right" project for me, excited..and a bit nervous.

Al

ps...Karl you ain't seen a doc???? I'm gonna kick your butt if I can ever find where you live...:)

Karl Laustrup
11-05-2007, 2:22 PM
Karl, have you been to a doctor about that hand. It sounds like you may have cracked or chipped a bone in it and didn't realize it. You may have to immobilize it for a while so it can heal.

Nancy (46 days)

I did go to the Dr. the day it happened. When it happened I tucked and rolled, but still the hand garnered the majority of the impact. Dr. said it didn't appear anything was broken, just severly bruised. I am being as careful as possible and trying not to do things to aggravate it any more.

Thanks for the concern. :)

And Al, I'll leave the light on. ;) :D

Karl

Al Willits
11-05-2007, 2:38 PM
""""""""""
And Al, I'll leave the light on. ;) :D
"""""""""

Just don't hold your breath...:D

Bout time for another creeker visit isn't it???

Al

Nancy Laird
11-05-2007, 3:28 PM
I did go to the Dr. the day it happened. When it happened I tucked and rolled, but still the hand garnered the majority of the impact. Dr. said it didn't appear anything was broken, just severly bruised. I am being as careful as possible and trying not to do things to aggravate it any more.

Thanks for the concern. :)
Karl

Just a suggestion - you might want to put it in a brace of some sort, if you haven't already done so. Just have your best interests at heart.

Nancy (46 days)

Glenn Clabo
11-05-2007, 4:27 PM
Karl...Karl...Karl...Tuck and Roll should be left to youngins. :eek: Should have flopped like a fish and let all those padded places take the hit.;)

Fred Voorhees
11-05-2007, 5:36 PM
Spent Thursday through Sunday morn in Oswego, NY on our annual salmon fishing trip. Oddly enough, our group caught more trout that salmon this year. Honestly, it's been an odd year up that way with a drought condition affecting the rivers and streams and things aren't quite going as usual. A variety of trout caught including browns, rainbows, steelhead and lakers. Here is a picture of one of the brown trout that were caught. I think I caught this roughly 4 pounder on Saturday morning.

Also, a small vid of the location where we did most of our fishing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNGH4MGuDHo

Earl Reid
11-05-2007, 6:19 PM
We had a birthday dinner for our DIL sat evening, it was at a Amish home. It was called a wedding meal, very good.
Sun. we went to another birthday dinner at our neice' home.
I also turned 50+ pens and 25 more today. I'n going to Berea HW wed to get more pen kits:) :)
Earl

Karl Laustrup
11-05-2007, 8:17 PM
Karl...Karl...Karl...Tuck and Roll should be left to youngins. :eek: Should have flopped like a fish and let all those padded places take the hit.;)

DUH!!!

Now you tell me Glenn. :D I do have a lot of WELL padded places.

Thanks for the concern Nancy. I am thinking of using an ace bandage or brace or something, cause this is going to take a while to heal me thinks.

Al, why don't we wait til the Big Muddy freezes over and then we can skate and meet half way? ;) That should be real good on my ankle. :eek: ;):D

Just a thought. :eek: :D :D

Karl

Jim Becker
11-05-2007, 8:59 PM
Mighty fine looking trout, Fred!!