PDA

View Full Version : Snowmen Ornaments

Bernie Weishapl
11-04-2007, 3:29 PM
Here are a couple of pictures of snowmen ornaments that I made this weekend. The first two the LOML wanted me to make after she saw the hanging ones for table decoration at the dining room of the retirement center she works at. She wanted them to sit on the table so I made a concave bottom so they would set solid. If the director likes them she said she would order probably 12 or more. They really turned out pretty cool and she likes them as she said, "their cute." Sorry for the photo's at my wife's craft bench but was trying to get a couple done so I could donate them this afternoon to our church raffle.

Bill Bolen
11-04-2007, 4:04 PM
That’s right up there on the “cute-o-meter”! The wife saw them and wants some. Needless to say I will be “borrowing” your design! My big question is’ how can an accomplished turner such as yourself allow a green “plastic” bowl to be in your wife’s work area? I’m astounded!
Bill

Brad Hammond
11-04-2007, 5:30 PM
those things are quick quick sellers! i usually bring a couple to work and get loads of orders. especially when you mention writing a name or a date on the ornament. loads of grandparent orders!
great job! those look great! i love the scarfs! might have to incorporate that myself. great idea!

Tom Sherman
11-05-2007, 4:30 PM
Lookin good Bernie, did you hollow them or just turn the shapes.

Bernie Weishapl
11-05-2007, 5:29 PM
Thanks for the comments. Tom they are not hollowed. I can't remember the name of the wood but it is light and they don't weigh much.