PDA

View Full Version : Delta Boss Spindle Sander Slippage?

richard poitras
11-04-2007, 8:10 AM
I have had this unit for some time now but all of a sudden the sanding sleeves are not holding. I use it for about one minute and then they slip up and I have to stop and put them back down .Has this happened to any of you Boss owners and do you know of a remedy to correct this problem?

Jim Becker
11-04-2007, 9:25 AM
'Haven't had the problem. Are you cranking down on the bolt/washer enough to insure the drum expands slightly to hold the abrasive tube?

Bruce Page
11-04-2007, 10:45 AM
Richard, you might also try wiping down the sanding drum with alcohol and lightly scuffing it with 220 sandpaper.

Roy Hatch
11-04-2007, 10:57 AM
If the alcohol doesn't work, masking tape around the drum will increase its diameter. That has worked for me.

Roy

richard poitras
11-04-2007, 12:10 PM
Yes I am tightening down the bolt good, but I didn’t think of alcohol or the masking tape trick I am working in the shop to day I will try these suggestions and let you guys know how they worked

richard poitras
11-04-2007, 7:43 PM
I tried alcohol and that did not work but the masking tape trick worked... thanks for all you help...

Perry Holbrook
11-05-2007, 6:36 AM
Yes, I've had the same problem. I found the bolt was bottoming out and was not compressing the rubber correctly. A couple of extra washers solved the problem.

Perry