PDA

View Full Version : Our Fund Drive

Ken Shoemaker
11-04-2007, 6:53 AM
As our fund drive kicks off, I'd like to share this with everyone. If you may be pondering the value your $6.00 donation brings to this fine forum I'd ask you to check out my thread about router bit sets.

You'll read that I asked for advice about router bit sets and the best way to spend the few dollars I have left after a large purchase for Bench Dog ProMax, ProLift, and PC7518 router. Many several great opinions were shared and I think I can make a great economic decision. It may not be the right one, but I know I'll fell good about it anyway.

I just want to point something out. Keith Outten, our Administrator, posted a reply that he had set up a "bulk buy" that will be right up my alley and at a good price. THEN I NOTICED THAT THIS REPLY WAS SENT AT 2:39AM!!! The dedication of this man, and all those who bring this forum to us, is humbling.

I guess I'm simply, however long winded, pointing out the imeasurable value this forum is to newbie's like me. As we move forward with the new year please join me as one who enjoys a value far beyon the $6.00 asked to keep the lights on. I am a true believer that 50 cents a month is the best deal of the upcoming year in my household.

Good luck and happy woodworking to you all. Ken

Don Bullock
11-04-2007, 9:12 AM
I get far more out of Sawmill Creek than I do just about any of the mazazines that I subscribe to and they all cost well over $6.:eek: My check's in the mail.:D

Steve Leverich
11-04-2007, 12:24 PM
I couldn't agree more - I just discovered this site a few weeks ago, and joined less than 3 weeks ago. About a week later I'd seen enough to know the value, hadn't seen the "suggested" $6 donation so sent $25 instead.

I'd do it again (and will) in a heartbeat. I look around my shop and try to find ANY tool I paid only $25 for that even comes CLOSE to the value, and can not.

For me (I'm 62) it comes down to the combination of knowledge, interest, willingness to help but most importantly RESPECT that I find here. Makes me feel like I've been transported back in time about 45 years.

I consider any day I've learned something a GOOD day; fortunately most of my days are good. Sawmill Creek just made sure EVERY day will be a good one - thank all of you VERY much. (Okay, end of "maudlin attack" :o)

Steve