PDA

View Full Version : Serious Gloat!!!

Greg Muller
11-03-2007, 9:29 PM
Hi all!!
Been wanting to do this for awhile since I watch (and congratulate) everyone else on their gloats. I even know the rules by now so I have a picture ready to go!

I bought this DeWalt DW735 planer today for ...(wait for it...wait for it...) $225.00!! I'll spell it out so you won't think you have dyslexia or something...that's TWO HUNDRED AND TWENTY FIVE dollars, dineiro, bucks, dead presidents, or smackeroonies.

Let the "you suck"'s begin...

But you can all help me out, where can I get an instruction manual, the DeWalt website doesn't have one listed for the 735..

Don Bullock
11-03-2007, 9:56 PM
WOW!!! Nice score. You definately suck!!! I don't see any outfeed tables in the picture. They are highly recommended by many here. I haven't used mine since I bought them. I got mine from Amazon where they are currently $44.95 with "free shipping" available.

James Phillips
11-03-2007, 9:56 PM
It is on the website, just hard to find. Go the the parts and service section and search for it.

Tom Henry
11-03-2007, 9:57 PM
Wow I don't know if that beats mine though.

Danny Thompson
11-03-2007, 10:25 PM
Nice! Way to go. I know you wanted 735, but didn't want to drop the extra dough. Looks like it worked out.

Consider me jealous, since my 734 was $250!

Greg Muller
11-03-2007, 10:49 PM
Yeah, I've practically lived on CL for the last few weeks looking for a 3 blade, 2 speed planer or better. Finally, one fell into my lap!

Tom, if that doesn't beat yours, maybe this will get close. I also just bought a powermatic 54a jointer for $300.00. And get this, fellow Creeker Lester Gillett sold it to me. (Thanks, Les!!!!)

My next victim will be a ton of good parallel clamps, Jet, Bessey or Jorgensons preferred. If anyone finds a deal, let me know! I think I just saw a Jet panel kit on Amazon with 4 clamps that will start me off, but I really need a lot more!

:D
Greg

Leland Berry
11-04-2007, 7:18 AM
:mad: Discusting--I thought I had a record with mine @ $265. You
will love it--Tip: hook some serious tubing to the discharge port
because that bad boy will pump shavings from there to Topeka.

If you are still having probs. with the manual-I can copy mine
for you.---Just to bring you down to earth, How about a 5HP
10" Steel City TS , $499 ? (And its a beauty):D :D :D

Greg Muller
11-04-2007, 10:37 AM
THUD!!!!

Leland, did you hear that? That was me slamming into the earth. Nice find on the TS!
So far, I have still not been able to locate the manual online. THere is a DeWalt service center close to my work, so I will go there monday and see if they can help me.

BTW- I haven't used one of the 735's before, are they always so tough to raise/lower? THis one will go about 1/2 inch up, then it gets pretty hard. Should it be on when setting height?

Greg