PDA

View Full Version : Big Ten Network

Karl Laustrup
11-03-2007, 1:53 PM
Anyone out there getting the Ohio State/Wisconsin game on regular network TV or ESPN?

Just curious as it's only on the BTN here in our neck of the woods. I figure it's a way for the colleges to get more money out of the fans, much like the NFL network.

Karl

Keith Starosta
11-03-2007, 2:15 PM
Here in Central VA, I'm getting Purdue/Penn St. on ESPN, and Iowa/NW of The Duece.

GO WISCONSIN!!, by the way!!!!! Currently beating the Buckeyes by a touchdown!!

And, I'm really glad that the execs at ABC got smart and decided to put the MICHIGAN game on National at 3:30.... :D

- Keith

Rob Wright
11-03-2007, 6:16 PM
Radio for me today. I am a little bummed that they lost. Was listening to it in the car while driving from hunting spot to hunting spot. I listened to them tie it up then breakdown in the second half :mad:.

Well - as much as I am disappointed that our Charter cable is not carrying the Big10 Network - I can understand where they are coming from. It should not be part of the basic tier. It should be in the sports tier. Charter says to put it in the basic tier they would have to charge more and are not willing to increase fees to the regular customers to do so. I am more upset with the University than anyone else right now. It was a money grab pure and simple. Now Barry comes out today and says that we all need to put pressure on Charter to carry it. - I am sick of this!:mad:

Hopefully we will able to watch a replay on PBS tonight!

Jason Roehl
11-03-2007, 7:05 PM
You mean the Big Ten NOTwork? If a game is on BTN, it's an exclusive, it won't be on other networks. And my cable provider doesn't carry BTN. BTN's creation has been a huge fiasco that has fans upset everywhere in the Midwest.

Looks like MSU just pulled a defeat out of the jaws of victory. Up 10 with 7ish minutes to go, only to give up two fairly quick TDs and then got within sight of the endzone and fizzled.

And then there's Purdon't. Win all the easy games, blow all the big ones. Tiller can't buy a game against a ranked opponent (or a top-tier Big Ten team).

Benjamin Dahl
11-03-2007, 9:30 PM
sorry to hear that you guys don't get the Big ten network in that part of the country; pretty odd IMHO. I am in Georgia now but grew up in Big 10 country and am happy to have access down here. I don't know if it is my provider or if it is because college football is so big down here. in any case, I hope they expand their coverage. I am watching Illinois-Minnesota right now. Go Illini!
Ben

Jon Lanier
11-03-2007, 10:52 PM
We are dumping Time-Warner Cable in the spring and go with Dish network or Direct TV.

Time Warner has giving worse service less and less channels and they keep raising the prices.

The would not pick up the Big Ten Network AND took off the Hallmark Channel. :mad:

Karl Laustrup
11-04-2007, 6:49 AM
Well - as much as I am disappointed that our Charter cable is not carrying the Big10 Network - I can understand where they are coming from. It should not be part of the basic tier. It should be in the sports tier. Charter says to put it in the basic tier they would have to charge more and are not willing to increase fees to the regular customers to do so. I am more upset with the University than anyone else right now. It was a money grab pure and simple. Now Barry comes out today and says that we all need to put pressure on Charter to carry it. - I am sick of this!:mad:

That's the exact point that bothers me Rob. I don't think Charter should have to carry it on the basic tier and pay the BTN $1.00 per suscriber, when probably less than 1/3 of the suscribers would watch the games. It should go on the sports tier and let those who want the service pay for it. Of course the BTN won't make anywhere close to the kind of money they want if it's on the sports tier. And maybe if the satellite's and other cable companies hadn't caved the whole thing would have fizzled and there wouldn't even be a BTN. :)

Same story for the NFL network. :mad: Just greed on the owners part. :mad: A zillion dollars, from the regular networks and various sponsors, isn't enough, they need a gazillion dollars. :mad: They're not happy with taking our money via a third or fourth party, they figure they'll keep doing that and also get directly in our pocket for more cash. :mad:

OK!! Rant off now. You can go back to your regularly schduled programming.

Karl