PDA

View Full Version : Old PC router/planer combo info???

Greg Muller
11-03-2007, 12:52 PM
I inherited an old Porter-Cable router/planer combo kit including;
Motor 150-M
Base 150-B
Planer 100-P
and the carrying case.

The motor is not running, but I can't see any visible reason. I also have the motor cap, but it is broken.

Can anyone shed some light for me regarding year of manufacture? I don't see it on any of the parts. I may decide to sell this, but want more data. I already checked the OWWM website, but couldn't find out any additional details.

I keep trying to post a picture with this post, but the smallest file size my camera is taking is 117kb (JPEG). Anyone know how to reduce this???:( :confused:

thanks,
Greg

Bob Childress
11-03-2007, 1:18 PM
I keep trying to post a picture with this post, but the smallest file size my camera is taking is 117kb (JPEG). Anyone know how to reduce this???:( :confused:

thanks,
Greg

A pic would really help. Most photo manipulation software will allow you to reduce the size without much degradation in quality (Photoshop, Arcsoft, Irfanview, etc.). Check out the Support Forum for threads addressing this issue. :)

Sounds like an interesting acquisition (maybe).

Dick Bringhurst
11-03-2007, 2:49 PM
Use "PIXresizer" it's free shareware. Dick B.

Greg Muller
11-03-2007, 5:11 PM
Thanks for the PixResizer, Dick. THat works very easily!:D

As you can see, the motor disconnects from the router attachement and then can be mounted into the planer attachement.

This is it:

Greg Muller
11-04-2007, 1:55 PM
hopeful bump...:o

Thomas Williams
11-04-2007, 3:54 PM
I used a Rockwell set that was very similar to yours that was new in the early 70's. I am guessing yours is about that vintage as well. I think you may still be able to get parts at the Porter Cable/Delta service center. I have been able to get parts for my 70's era Rockwell 346 saw, so you may have some luck.
Also, I would say it was more a trim carpenters tool than a woodworking tool. These combo kits show up on ebay from time to time. Stanley made a similar outfit.