PDA

View Full Version : Nut Cracker Question

Jason Christenson
11-03-2007, 10:55 AM
Well, Christmas is almost here and so I have been commissioned by my wife to make several Christmas presents. One of them is this nutcracker. I got the hardware in from Craft Supply but there are no instructions. If anyone here has done one of these and can give me some basics I would appreciate it. I am especially wondering about the handle.

Thanks in advance.

Jason

robert hainstock
11-03-2007, 7:43 PM
They Should Come With Instructions, But From The Catalog Pix They Seem To Operate With Screw Press. Hte Rest Would Beyour Excellant Design. The Ships Wheel Requires One Less Turning(handle).happy Turning
Bob:)

Jason Christenson
11-03-2007, 8:28 PM
I called Craft Supply and they said there are no instructions.

robert hainstock
11-04-2007, 2:52 PM
CRAFT SUPPLIES IS SOME WHAT STINGY WITH INSTRUCTIONS. THE ENLARGED PIX ON C=SUPPLIES WEB SITESEEMS TO INDICATE TO ME THAT THE MECHANISM SHOULD SCREW INTO TYHE TURNING. I'D LIKE TO KNOW, OR SEE A POIX OF THE BOTTOM OF THE MECH.:eek:

Bob Hallowell
11-04-2007, 4:04 PM
Jason,
I have made some. leave a post in the center to mount the cracker and drill a hole for the screw with a jacobs chuck while it is still on the lathe. the turn a handle and drill a hole in the middle and tread it on the top treads. Pretty easy. Lee Valley sells it and has a nice pic to look at with it mounted.

Bob

Jason Christenson
11-04-2007, 5:12 PM
Jason,
I have made some. leave a post in the center to mount the cracker and drill a hole for the screw with a jacobs chuck while it is still on the lathe. the turn a handle and drill a hole in the middle and tread it on the top treads. Pretty easy. Lee Valley sells it and has a nice pic to look at with it mounted.

Bob

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!