PDA

View Full Version : new drawings

M Toupin
11-03-2007, 10:13 AM
Keith,

I see all the new free stuff drawings popping up, great job!!! Looks like you have lots of good stuff to interest everyone.

I noticed that these drawings aren't showing here in the "free drawings" area. Do you intend to post them there or has there been a policy shift I'm not aware of? I think I understand the possible logic of posting them in the individual forums, but it's nice to have them all posted here so we don't have to dig around every forum. Thats my opinion anyhow, others might differ:)

Mike

Jim Becker
11-03-2007, 12:02 PM
Normally, the FreeStuff drawings would be "here", but they as they are currently being used as an incentive for the annual fund-drive, I think that Keith has chosen to make things more visible this month. (Only financial contributors are eligible for FreeStuff drawings going forward)

Jim
SMC Moderator

Keith Outten
11-08-2007, 9:14 AM
Mike,

Your point is valid, I will copy all of the FreeStuff threads in this Forum.
I was going to move them here after the winnner was announced but it would be easier for everyone if they were all posted here in one place.

Thanks,
Keith

M Toupin
11-08-2007, 4:51 PM
Thanks again for your dedication Keith. I understand the logic behind having the thread in the forums the item might generally be used in, say Turning tools in the turning forum. On the other hand it's a bit of a hassle to have to visit each forum too. Maybe you could somehow have mirror posts or links in each forum to the same post?

Also, do you plan on updating the original post for the thread with the winner or make a new post to announce the winner? It's been done both ways in the past. I personally like updating the original post, bout others might like a new post.

Mike

Keith Outten
11-08-2007, 10:37 PM
Mike,

I will most likely update both the original post and make a new post so that people who use the new posts feature will pick up the thread. Note that we aren't requiring the winner to post in the thread to claim their prize anymore since we won't have problems tracking Contributors down. We will draw one name and that will be the winner.