PDA

View Full Version : Amazon Tool

Leigh Betsch
11-02-2007, 7:50 PM
I'm going to order a KM12VC Hitachi router combo from Amazon tonight. Anyone know how I can get one of those buy a cheap screwdriver / get a free router deals?

Sean Troy
11-02-2007, 8:21 PM
I think the deal is you can get a second approved item for 20% off or something like that.

Cary Swoveland
11-02-2007, 8:38 PM
Sorry, but the 20% discount is for some (or all?) power tool accessories sold by Amazon (not by an Amazon merchant). Evidently, Amazon does not consider the Hitachi router you want as an "accessory". If it qualified for the disount, you'd see the following in the product listing: "Receive a 20% instant discount on a power tool accessory of your choice when you purchase 1 or more qualifying power tools offered by Amazon.com".

Cary

Leigh Betsch
11-02-2007, 8:58 PM
Sorry, but the 20% discount is for some (or all?) power tool accessories sold by Amazon (not by an Amazon merchant). Evidently, Amazon does not consider the Hitachi router you want as an "accessory". If it qualified for the disount, you'd see the following in the product listing: "Receive a 20% instant discount on a power tool accessory of your choice when you purchase 1 or more qualifying power tools offered by Amazon.com".

Cary

Do you suppose an Incra fence would qualify as an accessory if I buy the router?

Mark Smith, too
11-02-2007, 9:43 PM
Put it in your cart and go to checkout and see what it tells you. As I recall not all power tool accessories qualified for the discount. I believe one requirement was that the accessory had to be sold by Amazon, not one of their other merchants.

scott spencer
11-03-2007, 8:48 AM
I'm not seeing that the Hitachi routers qualify for 20% off an accessory. If that deal applied, just below the introductory description you will see this statement:
"Special Offers and Product Promotions

* Receive a 20% instant discount on a power tool accessory of your choice when you purchase 1 or more qualifying power tools offered by Amazon.com. Here's how (restrictions apply) "

That kit is on sale for ~ $126 shipped, which is a pretty good price. If you don't need the plunge base, the VS fixed base is only $95 shipped.