PDA

View Full Version : Text-Only Version

Aaron Koehl
03-04-2003, 12:46 AM
Based on our usage statistics, it appears a lot of you are
are using the text-only version of the board.

I'm just looking at getting a tally--
If it's enough people, I'll speed up its development.
As you may or may not know, a new version of the forum
software is scheduled for release very soon, which has
support for threaded listings as well as some other
features, such as collapsable threads, etc.

The next things I'll be adding to the text only version:

- Mark forums as read
- Pagination (e.g. Show results 1-25, 25-50, ...)

Trying to make it feel like home,

_Aaron_

Howard Barlow
03-04-2003, 2:16 AM
Can we take our shoes off?:D

Ted Shrader
03-04-2003, 7:36 AM
You are all over this. We appreciate your efforts. Having threads and sub-threads will really aid in following the conversations.

Keep up the good work.

Ted

Jason Roehl
03-04-2003, 8:00 AM
I didn't much care for the text-only, so I haven't really been back since I first tried it out. I am really getting used to the graphical version, and like how quickly I can browse messages. My mouse's scroll wheel sure gets a workout!

But, if others like the text-only, then I think it's good to have options to appeal to the masses, rather than one-size-fits-all.

Jason

Dick Parr
03-04-2003, 8:02 AM
Think I could get to like the text version!

Mark Osgood
03-04-2003, 9:27 AM
Aaron,
Perhaps another worthwhile question to ask/know is "would you use the text only version if it were more user friendly?". I.e, if the most recent posts were first. Thanks for your work on this.
Mark

Dave Hammelef
03-04-2003, 11:40 AM
THis was the first time I looked at the text only version. I definitly like the threaded view better, but the text only seems kinda bland.

Dave

Von Bickley
03-05-2003, 3:43 PM
I personally like the graphical version. I very seldom look at the text only version. I looked at it today because of the poll.

Chuck Gramling
03-07-2003, 5:23 PM
I like the text only page a lot - I beleive it's already showing only threads with unread messages. If it displayed in threaded format and showed ony unread, it would be even cooler.

Of course if there were a user preference to have posts open up into a new window, it would be even better still , IMO.

but defintely thanks for giving it all the attention it has already gotten !

W.C. Turner
03-07-2003, 8:56 PM
I use both, but I think I like the text better, especially if it was finished. The graphical kinda makes me feel claustrfobic (Ernie Miller spelling) :D With the text, I seem to be able to navgte(Ernie again) better, just click the thread. More open feeling.

But, I probably just need to get more used to all of it a little more. Really, either way is ok. :D