PDA

View Full Version : bats??

Ann Boone
11-02-2007, 12:53 AM
Hi, I am new here. I am looking for Ash blank souvenir bats. I would like to have a variety of sizes (mini, youth, and adult) and finishes. Does anyone know of a good supplier? I am surprised at how difficult finding them has proven to be.

Jude Kingery
11-02-2007, 1:00 AM
Hi Ann, well, I can turn you a few if you like? Just give me a few more specifics if you will and we'll see, would be happy to give it a whirl (I've made a few - not a whole bunch - but a few decent ones). I've got some Ash blanks. Feel free to PM or email me. Best to you, Jude

Frank Corker
11-02-2007, 6:45 AM
Very hard to get hold of these :D

John Keeton
11-02-2007, 6:50 AM
If you haven't already, you may want to contact Louisville Slugger and see if they will sell unmarked bats. They produce an 18" bat already marked, but may be willing to sell what you need. Check this link
http://www.sluggergifts.com/scripts/wgate/zw200ef31b16/~flN0YXRlPTMxNzc3LjAwMi4wNS4wOQ==?area=0000000269&~okcode=AREA&~target=_top&~forcetarget=yes

John Keeton
11-02-2007, 6:52 AM
Frank

Unfortunately, your "'souvenir bat" appears to be a mix of walnut, ebony and maple - not ash. May not work for her!

Doug Bergstrom
11-02-2007, 7:53 AM
Try here
http://www.gonebatty.net/
We have bought mini bats from them in the past and they worked well.

Joe Pelonio
11-02-2007, 8:11 AM
Very hard to get hold of these :D
Frank, I'm wondering if you have some of those in your belfry?

Stephen Beckham
11-02-2007, 2:24 PM
John & Ann,

Louisville Slugger will make blank bats. I can dig up the sales-rep if you would like. I had to agree to several things like no MLB emblems, names, logos etc... It was about a six month process to get them to approve my purchase, then I got them in four days.

I will warn you that I've not had much luck selling my first batch - everyone seems to be concerned with kids hitting other kids....

If you'd like a couple, send me a PM and we can work out a deal. I've only got the small ones.

I did find their price to be better than GoneBatty's prices...

Gary and Jessica Houghton
11-03-2007, 2:19 PM
http://www.gonebatty.net/

We have pruchased from them and the price and quality are both outstanding. They do take a while to ship, bit they arrive in great condition.

Gary and Jessica Houghton
Etched!

Rick Maitland
11-03-2007, 5:01 PM
we have also used www.gonebatty.net (http://www.gonebatty.net). Great quality and service.

Ann Boone
11-07-2007, 10:54 AM
quote=Stephen Beckham;686017]John & Ann,

Louisville Slugger will make blank bats. I can dig up the sales-rep if you would like. I had to agree to several things like no MLB emblems, names, logos etc... It was about a six month process to get them to approve my purchase, then I got them in four days.

I will warn you that I've not had much luck selling my first batch - everyone seems to be concerned with kids hitting other kids....

If you'd like a couple, send me a PM and we can work out a deal. I've only got the small ones.

I did find their price to be better than GoneBatty's prices...[/quote]

Stephen,

Let's hope that I am posting this reply correctly. I had already contacted Louisville Slugger and was told that they would not sell to me because they also offer the personalized engraving and that they did not want to supply a potential competitor. It might be good to get your contacts name. Maybe they will tell me something different. Thanks.

I may be sound dumb for asking, but what do you mean by "PM"?

I had already located Gone Batty. Unfortunately he is out of Ash lumber and does not have any inventory.

Ann Boone
11-07-2007, 10:58 AM
Stephen,

I had already contacted Louisville Slugger and was told that they would not sell to me because they also offered personalized engraving and did not want to supply a potential competitor. It might be smart to get your rep.'s contact info. to see if I get a different answer. Do you remember how much they charged you for the blanks? Was there much of a savings over Gone Batty?

I may sound dumb, but what do you mean by "PM"?

I had already located Gone Batty. Unfortunately he is out of Ash and has no inventory of anything except one size of maple.

Thanks,
Ann

Ann Boone
11-07-2007, 11:00 AM
Gosh, now I have two replys on there! I am still learning how to post and reply I guess. Thanks for your patience with a slow learner.:o

Mike Null
11-07-2007, 11:01 AM
Ann

Welcome to SMC.

If you'll click on a members name it will take you to his profile where you'll see some options for contacting the member.

Don't feel like you're alone. There are several tools available to moderators that I have yet to figure out. (Don't tell Keith)

Stephen Beckham
11-08-2007, 9:52 AM
Ann,

PM - Private Message... Don't feel bad - I've been here for two years and still have to figure out the language in some of these posts... I figure using a acronym every now and then makes me sound like a 'regular'

I'll look up the receipt - seems like it was the low $3 range for the 18" bat.

Like I said - it took 8 months before I cracked the nut to get them to sell to me - that was last year and I'll have to dig through last years receipts to find out. I'll also look for the email of the nice young lady that helped me.