PDA

View Full Version : I need a pen to give to my Soldier friend

Todd Burch
02-09-2004, 10:47 PM
I have a long-time good friend, Hank Sehne, that I have known since '84. He is in the guard and just got back from Iraq on Jan 11th. He was over there from Sept. through the first week in January. He was supposed to leave on Jan 7th, but he was not allowed to get on the plane that day. Right after the plane took off, it was shot down.

Here' an excerpt from one of his emails to me right after he got back:

"It's great to be home! So many things that I haven't in a long time to enjoy, e.g., Pizza and Beer, REAL FOOD, house instead of tents, my own bathroom, No shooting, No mortars and the best of all, being with family and friends again. Yep, it's great to be home."

He is looking to move from NJ to Arizona, and will be stopping by my house to spend the night and visit for a while on his way to job hunting in Pheonix. I would like to personally hand him a pen in the name of this forum and the Freedom Pen project. I expect him around Feb 24th. If someone has an extra pen they could send to me, that I in turn would give to Hank, I would be very greatful.

I could pay for shipping, the kit, etc. - just let me know. I'm not looking for anything out of the ordinary - just a good wooden pen made under the efforts of the Freedom Pen project.

Thanks a million. Todd

Kent Cori
02-09-2004, 11:00 PM
Todd,

Check the PM I just sent to you.

Todd Burch
02-09-2004, 11:08 PM
Kent, thanks a bunch for being able to send one. You da man!!

Be sure to put a note with it too.

I love this forum!! Ask and ye shall receive!

Keith Outten
02-10-2004, 3:59 AM
Todd,

Looks like Kent has agreed to provide the pen for your friend, I've seen some of the pens that Kent makes and they are just awesome.

When you give the Freedom Pen to your friend make sure you shake his hand and tell him thanks from all of us in the Freedom Pen Program for a job well done.

Noah Alkinburgh
02-10-2004, 7:48 AM
Todd,

That is very cool. Way to go Kent. Make sure you get some pics and show us when you give him the pen. And for sure tell him Thank You and we are glad he is home!

Noah

Todd Burch
02-10-2004, 8:27 AM
Keith and Noah - I will certainly do. I'll post a picture too.