PDA

View Full Version : Remote Switch for Jet 1642

Steve Schlumpf
11-01-2007, 5:44 PM
After blowing up what I hoped was going to be a real nice hollow form (because I didn’t remove my hollowing tool before reaching around the steady rest to shut off the lathe :eek: ) – I decided it was time to install a remote on/off switch.

74476 74478

What I am asking for is input from some of our electrical experts as to where to actually place the switch in the circuit. I have included the schematic for the lathe and also a close up of the area of interest.

74479 74480

At this time I believe the remote switch should be placed in series between the Push/Pull/Switch and the Fwd/Rev Switch. Best that I can tell - the Push/Pull Switch does nothing more than supply a ground to the Forward/Reverse Switch. Figured it would be safe to place the remote switch in series between those two switches. Thought about the Blue wire located at the input to the Push/Pull Switch but do not want to eliminate the hard ground from the Potentiometer (Speed Control) when I remotely shut the lathe off.

Hopefully everyone can read the schematics - if not, let me know and I will attempt to post a little larger version. Just in case you can't read where the Blue wire connects on the controller - its to ground.

Thanks for your assistance!