PDA

View Full Version : First Real Gloat (Planer) !!

Shane Sura
10-31-2007, 8:47 PM
Well I have been searching for some time and finally came across this Craigslist gem:

I got it for what I consider to be a steal $150!!! The person selling said it needed new blades so I stopped on the way and bought two sets from HD in case they run out with the new 4330 in stock. Then when I got home I notice that it had a brand new set in it's hide-a-way storage area. So now I have three known good sets. I will admit, that in my excitement, I dropped the extra set of blades I discovered. I think I nicked one far edge of one side of the blade but it is a Millimeter in from the end so I can work around that. Can't wait for the weekend to really give it is a test run.

Shane

Rick Gifford
10-31-2007, 9:01 PM
Gee whiz, can't go wrong for that price. Congrats on your find!

frank shic
10-31-2007, 9:07 PM
if you have the patience, craigslist is FILLED with bargains to be had!

Bill Huber
10-31-2007, 10:05 PM
Good find, I just sold mine for $200 with out the stand.
It is a great little planer and makes a great cut, you can't hog it a lot but if you take it a little at a time it really does a great job.

I am getting the new one next week.

Jon Lanier
11-01-2007, 12:57 AM
I got it for what I consider to be a steal $150!!! The person selling said it needed new blades so I stopped on the way and bought two sets from HD in case they run out with the new 4330 in stock. Then when I got home I notice that it had a brand new set in it's hide-a-way storage area. So now I have three known good sets. I will admit, that in my excitement, I dropped the extra set of blades I discovered. I think I nicked one far edge of one side of the blade but it is a Millimeter in from the end so I can work around that. Can't wait for the weekend to really give it is a test run.

Shane

Shane,

The blades are double sided, once one side is done, just flip them over.

-Jon

Don Taylor
11-01-2007, 1:00 AM
I have that one too. It's a regular work horse. You got a steal!!!!

DT

Lou Ferrarini
11-01-2007, 6:00 AM
You will like it. I have planed a lot of wood with mine and it never dissapoints. You will definetly need some kind of dust collector. When I first got mine I used it with a shop vac. Amazing how fast it would fill that vacuum.

Bob Oehler
11-01-2007, 10:57 AM
Hi There:
I just got my new planer for my birthday 10/24 and used it Sunday afternoon to mill down rough sawn air dried Cherry to 1/2" for Christmas presents that I am making. My planer is a new Wilton and it worked great. As with all the "portable planers" just take small cuts and they work great. Good luck and have fun making boards.:)

Take Care
Bob Oehler