PDA

View Full Version : A Fall Motif box

George Elston
10-31-2007, 4:47 PM
One of the things I love about this forum is sharing files. When I first found you guys (and gals) I searched back through the posts and got a lot of stuff to cut my teeth on. Here's a little payback. The file has two boxes if you try to build it into one you will have pieces left over, and of course adjust your tabs for your stock.

Judith Halliday
10-31-2007, 5:54 PM
:eek:

How long did it take you to design that? It is beautiful. Thanks for sharing. Do I have your permission to make one?

Cheers,

Judy

George Elston
10-31-2007, 6:58 PM
:eek:

How long did it take you to design that? It is beautiful. Thanks for sharing. Do I have your permission to make one?

Cheers,

Judy

I would never (I hope) post anything that is not for public consumption. Actually the art for the top was part of the the sample files when my rep set up the machine, so that part was easy the rest was derived from the main duck motif.

Frank Corker
10-31-2007, 7:25 PM
Thanks George, going to store that one for a suitable time, looks great!

Thinus Rabie
11-01-2007, 12:20 AM
Wow ..it's very nice George, you must have spend some time on this one , and therefore, thanks for sharing.

Regards
Thinus

Ed Newbold
11-01-2007, 7:37 AM
A very nice design with great artwork.

Thank you for taking the time to share it with us.

Jim Dornon
11-01-2007, 7:51 AM
George, that is very nice. Thank you, Jim

Paul Brinkmeyer
11-01-2007, 6:30 PM
I made one from colored acrylic today, looks great and my wife already has it tagged as to who gets it for Christmas. Doctors office as candy "jar".
And I need to make at least 2 more for gifts. Not that I'm that cheap, but it really fits the hunters in the family.

Thanks

Ricky Gore
11-01-2007, 7:25 PM
Let's see some pictures. The artwork looks great in corel, but I can't put it all together in my head, just by looking at the artwork. :)

(Newbie):rolleyes:

drew winners
11-02-2007, 8:19 AM
Thanks for the post, can you repost your drawing in a version 10 format? Thanks!

George Elston
11-02-2007, 8:42 AM
Here ya go

Paul Brinkmeyer
11-02-2007, 11:41 AM
I do not think my pic does it justice, but here goes.

Ricky Gore
11-02-2007, 12:37 PM
That looks great. Thanks.. That helps a lot. :)

Vicky Orsini
11-02-2007, 4:46 PM
I'm running mine as I type this. Will let you know if it's a success or a disaster! :p Paul, what type/size material did you use? George, I'd love to see a pic of yours, if you can. :)

Paul Brinkmeyer
11-02-2007, 4:56 PM
1/8 Acrylic, Just had some purple the right size that I had left from another job.

George Elston
11-02-2007, 6:00 PM
I'm running mine as I type this. Will let you know if it's a success or a disaster! :p Paul, what type/size material did you use? George, I'd love to see a pic of yours, if you can. :)

It's wood, actually door skin, (did a bunch of different designs for shows) and they are in the garage with all the other show stuff. If I can dig it out before this thread goes away I'll post pics.

Here's a photo of another one I have handy, I made it for my grandson born in Sept. (I should mail it before he's 16)

George Elston
11-02-2007, 6:04 PM
2nd try at photo

William Johanson
11-02-2007, 7:46 PM
Nice work guys, I thought, since most everyone is probably going to give this one a try,it would be interesting to see how long it took each of you to run this on your system. I have a Pinnacle 40Watt sytem and it took 12:36 to run using my vector sorting function. This was in Baltic Birch just under 1/8" thick. Looks real impressive. Paul did you leave the premask on your acrylic? Its an interesting look.

Bill

Paul Brinkmeyer
11-03-2007, 11:27 AM
I took the mask off. I have never cut with the original mask on, If I want a mask, I use a paper mask that comes off easier.

William Johanson
11-05-2007, 12:27 AM
Is it mirrored acrylic then? I just cant figure out why the purple color is on the edges but not on the faces? Just curious,

Bill