PDA

View Full Version : It's no wonder the....

Mike Jones NM
10-30-2007, 10:46 PM
price of items keep going up.
3 instances in the past 2 weeks.
Puchased 6 shelf brackets (about $6.00 each) and a bunch of other stuff.
Got home and found I had only been charged for 4
Purchased 50 big bags of insulation for an attic job. (about $15.00 per bag) Had it delivered. Went to move it to where it I was going to be setting the blower. 56 bags
Purchased 30 sheets of osb for a job. Paid for it and was only going to haul 10 sheets at the time. On second load got home and there were 11 sheets in the trailer (they loaded it)
Went to get the last 10 sheets this afternoon and the guy who did the original transaction never showed me having taken the first 10 sheets.
In each case I made it good by either returning the overage or going back and paying the difference.
Point being that when their inventory comes up short they WILL make up the loss somehow. I.E the prices will go up in the end to make up for the loss.

Randal Stevenson
10-30-2007, 11:26 PM
price of items keep going up.
3 instances in the past 2 weeks.
Puchased 6 shelf brackets (about $6.00 each) and a bunch of other stuff.
Got home and found I had only been charged for 4
Purchased 50 big bags of insulation for an attic job. (about $15.00 per bag) Had it delivered. Went to move it to where it I was going to be setting the blower. 56 bags
Purchased 30 sheets of osb for a job. Paid for it and was only going to haul 10 sheets at the time. On second load got home and there were 11 sheets in the trailer (they loaded it)
Went to get the last 10 sheets this afternoon and the guy who did the original transaction never showed me having taken the first 10 sheets.
In each case I made it good by either returning the overage or going back and paying the difference.
Point being that when their inventory comes up short they WILL make up the loss somehow. I.E the prices will go up in the end to make up for the loss.

Sounds like they hired some of Enron's creative accountants as employees.

Where do I learn this new math? I would like a nice size tax refund, LOL.

My luck goes the other way.

Bob Moyer
10-31-2007, 7:41 AM
I could add to your list; however, sometimes someone gets screwed; i.e. doubling ringing an item, wrong change etc.

Here is one example; went to a local ACE store; they young lady with 8 tattoos behind the register was on her cell; she rang up the same can of paint 3x since there was a 15% discount for ACE members and it had to be done at the register, and she kept forgetting to do it since she was on her cell. After finally getting the right transaction for one can of paint and the other items, I went to pay the bill which was $30.52, I gave her $50.52 and she took it and said thank you and closed the drawer. I said where is my $20; she said I gave her correct change, I indicated to her I only gave her one bill and since they do not make $30 bills, how could I have given her the correct change.

She needed to call the manager over, who finally corrected the problem.

BTW, when I left, she was still on her cell.

Al Wasser
10-31-2007, 10:57 AM
You heard about the fellow that went to McDonalds and looked at the chicken mcnuggets - 6 or 12. He told the clerk he wanted a half dozen. The clerk said they did not sell a half dozen, only 6 or 12.
I think the schools are failing our kids. Some succeed but a lot don't and what is sad is a lot don't care --

Kyle Kraft
10-31-2007, 12:17 PM
Well, it could also be due to the way corporate america uses and disposes of workers like trash, that the drones don't give a rip if you got 6 extra bags of insulation or the like.

If the workers were treated better, maybe they would be more concerned about the companies bottom line. Why should they care about anything other than that the borg envelope shows up in their mailbox every Friday?

Just a thought....

Rick Williams
10-31-2007, 9:36 PM
Here's a thought for you Kyle...when I sign on to do a job, knowing what the pay is, I sign on to do the best job I can do. Flipping burgers at Mickey-D's or laoding lumber at the BORG, makes no difference. That way, when I look at myself in the mirror, I can like the guy looking back at me. If I don't want to do a good job, then I need to quit. If I want a better job, then I need to get a better education that allows for me to qualify for that better job. In any event I'm going to do the best I can for after all, only I am responsible for my own actions. It's called accountability. That's the way I see it.

Greg Muller
10-31-2007, 9:52 PM
Sign me (and all my kids) up for the First Assembly of Rick Williams and All That Is Right In The World Gospel Fellowship! Amen, and pass the plate!

Preach it Rick!!!!:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Rick Williams
10-31-2007, 11:17 PM
:p :p :p Yeah Greg, last time I got that high on my soapbox I had a nosebleed. Just seems like we fail to see the big picture. We all want low price. How many threads are "where can I buy____cheapest" who's got the best price. Labor is always a big % of total product cost so to give the consumer the best (lowest) price possible labor (people) get squeezed. Manufacturing moves off shore to take advantage of cheap labor. Corporations take the blame for trying to give the consumer what they demand...low price. Labor gets angry. Catch 22 prevails. Cutting off our nose to spite our face. Watched the advent of the maquiladora's along the Tex/Mex border. Zenith, Levi Strauss and many many others. Too many jobs have left the country, you can't survive as a service oriented economy, someone has to make product. We are our own worst enemy. Too easy to blame the "big" faceless corporation who's stock price inflates the value of our 401k.

Jon Lanier
11-01-2007, 1:15 AM
You heard about the fellow that went to McDonalds and looked at the chicken mcnuggets - 6 or 12. He told the clerk he wanted a half dozen. The clerk said they did not sell a half dozen, only 6 or 12.
I think the schools are failing our kids. Some succeed but a lot don't and what is sad is a lot don't care --

I don't know how true that is but I used it in a sermon one time. A family in the church went out to eat that week at Chic'fila and they happen to try out the illustration. They played so much with the young girl that the manager had to come over to see what the problem was.

I recommend everyone try it out. :D

Rich Engelhardt
11-01-2007, 7:29 AM
The clerk said they did not sell a half dozen, only 6 or 12.
Hello,
On the same theme: (and this one is true for sure)
Went to Chuckie Cheese one evening with the wife, son and grandson.

Asked for a beer.

Cute yung girl with a big smile said:
"We have Budwiser and Budwiser Light"

I said"
"I'll have a Bud Light"

(somewhat puzzled look on her face -actually more of a "deer in the headlights" look - then the smile reapeared and she repeated:)

This went on for three times - and each time she looked a little more puzzled.

Finally after the third
I said "Budwiser Light"
To which she responded "ok".

Another thing I've learned not to do is hand most people the odd change
(a 5 dollar bill, a quarter, a dime and a penny for something costing $4.35) after they've rung up the transaction.
Unless the person appears to be over 50, that stops a lot of people dead in their tracks.

Bob Moyer
11-01-2007, 9:21 AM
Here's a thought for you Kyle...when I sign on to do a job, knowing what the pay is, I sign on to do the best job I can do. Flipping burgers at Mickey-D's or laoding lumber at the BORG, makes no difference. That way, when I look at myself in the mirror, I can like the guy looking back at me. If I don't want to do a good job, then I need to quit. If I want a better job, then I need to get a better education that allows for me to qualify for that better job. In any event I'm going to do the best I can for after all, only I am responsible for my own actions. It's called accountability. That's the way I see it.

Here's a story I heard a number of times,

He shares the story about a man who had to clean a port-a-john. On a hot summer day, a construction crew was building a house, and nothing was going right. Even the site's port-a-john reeked with bad odor. Suddenly, a big, burly guy covered with tattoos, flashing a big smile, and singing to the top of his lungs came out of a truck with blaring music. This was the maintenance man for the port-a-john. The whole construction crew watched as he enthusiastically went and cleaned the portable toilet. He stayed inside cleaning the toilet for what seemed to be quite awhile. When the maintenance man finished the job, he still had a smile on his face and a good attitude. This baffled the crew. One of them asked, "How can you do that? More important, why did you do that?" The maintenance man replied he worked for the Lord and that he did every task as though he was doing it for Him.