PDA

View Full Version : Corian Motherload Established

Ken Salisbury
02-09-2004, 12:53 PM
Thanks to Clay Bockart of DuPont in LaPorte, TX who put me in contact with Cliff Olson at DuPont Corian factory .

Mr Olson has agreed to supply red, white and blue Corian to us for use on the project. Mr Olson will have it cut into manageable sizes and ship to us.

The plans are for Keith to cut into pen blank widths on his panel saw. Some of the Corian will come to me and I will cut and supply Corian blanks to those who need it with their kits.

For those who have not priced Corian - the material sells for $20/sq ft so this is a MAJOR break for us.

Chris Padilla
02-09-2004, 12:58 PM
Congratulations, Ken! Excellent work! Now if you can get that CA glue buy going strong, everyone should have plenty of material! :D

Julie Wright
02-09-2004, 1:02 PM
WaHoo !!!!

RED WHite ANd BLUE PENS !!!!!

Arvin Brown
02-09-2004, 1:04 PM
Congratulations on all the hard work. This is one woodworker that would like to be included in the Mother Lode!

Keith Outten
02-09-2004, 1:55 PM
It is as major plus for us to have a very large corporation like Dupont as a supporter of our program. With Dupont on our team we will easilly be able to attract more of America's large corporations support for our military men and women. We all have a big stake in their success and it is prudent that we publicly show our suport for our Nations Patriots.

Thanks to the Management of Dupont for their kind offer to supply Corian material for our pens.

Jerry Stringer
02-09-2004, 2:31 PM
Ken! You are Da Man!!

I really think we need to put some logos of our supporters on the freedom pens web page. Every little attaboy helps us!

Thanks, Ken . . .

(and, yes . . . I want some!!)

Jerry

Rob Littleton
02-09-2004, 3:13 PM
Ken! You are Da Man!!

I really think we need to put some logos of our supporters on the freedom pens web page. Every little attaboy helps us!

Thanks, Ken . . .

(and, yes . . . I want some!!)

Jerry

Jerry, I just got back from my road trip and turned my first corian pen today. I will post pics but it sure is fun turning that stuff.

Just have to keep my Tormek close by coz I have cheap (starter outterers) tools. Must invest in the real thing so I can be up there with the big guys :-)

Ken, If you wanna send some of that red, white and blue this way, Ill be happy to get turning.

Good job on getting this DuPont to work with us.

regards

Bill Chapman
02-09-2004, 6:25 PM
Ken
Or should I say Big Kahonua!!!!!(sp?) I agree you hit the mother load. I currently have 20 kits to turn but I sure would like to turn them in Red, White, and blue if you would send me the kits. I'll be glad to pay freight I'll send a PM with my address just let me know how to get you the money for the freight. looking forward to seeing this material.

Ken Salisbury
02-09-2004, 6:29 PM
Ken
Or should I say Big Kahoua!!!!! I agree you hit the mother load. I currently have 20 kits to turn but I sure would like to turn them in Red, White, and blue if you would send me the kits. I'll be glad to pay freight I'll send a PM with my address just let me know how to get you the money for the freight. looking forward to seeing this material.

When it comes in I will get it distributed as fast as possible.

Dennis Peacock
02-09-2004, 7:47 PM
That's right Julie.....RED, WHITE and BLUE pens....on the way...!!!!!!

Sende'em on Ken...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike Leonard
02-09-2004, 7:54 PM
Ken,

I'm going to be out of town for the next month. I sure would like to turn some RED, WHITE and BLUE pens. If you could save me some I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Mike

Paul Lajoie
02-09-2004, 8:21 PM
:) 9 full sheets is great. And everyone's favorite colors to boot. Can't wait. Great job

Daniel Yourdon
02-09-2004, 8:22 PM
Wow! What a huge hand that is. Look forward to it becoming available. I have reacieved 64 of the blanks I need toward the 100 I am going to make. I could definitly use the Red, White and Blue in some of the others. I am also toying with the idea of putting band of corian at the top of all the pens. I should have it all sorted out before the blanks are ready.

Chris Johnson
02-09-2004, 8:43 PM
If you are not already out ;) I could use some of those colors. I have plenty of the other colors. Let me know what I need to do. Thanks to you and Dupont for the excellent work!

Bill Turpin
02-09-2004, 9:42 PM
I would like some of the RWB corian also. Thanks for a wonderful job.

Bill

Dave Bonde
02-09-2004, 11:14 PM
Fantastic Ken, we have the right man in charge of PR. Congrats. Dave

Stephen Lybeck
02-09-2004, 11:38 PM
Ken I would like some of the corian for my freedom pens. Thanks for getting this for the project

Stephen Lybeck
novara51@aol.com
lybeckswoodcraft.8m.com
penartists.com

Carroll Caddel
02-10-2004, 6:06 PM
If you still have some material left I would love to make 10 pens for the project. Just let me know.