PDA

View Full Version : de-humidifier sensors

Cliff Rohrabacher
10-30-2007, 4:04 PM
I have a couple of de-humidifiers that have seemed to be less sensitive than they were.
They are in a dirty environment so I took 'em apart and cleaned the filters & heat exchangers & took a tooth brush to the little sensor part that samples the incoming air. I put 'em back in service and they ran and ran but a day later they are not maintaining the same humidity levels they were a few months ago. They seem less sensitive.

Any one have experience maintaining dehumidifiers in a dirty environment? Any ideas?

Randy Denby
10-30-2007, 9:59 PM
the sensors are just thermisters. They are rated at a certain ohm reading at different temperatures/ or humidity levels. They are all linear, with some being an inverse to the scale. So.....if we could find a repair manual that would give us the graph. Then all you would do is read the ohm resistance, check the temperature where the sensor is located and compare to see if its out of calibration. No way to claibrate, so it would just be a positive way to know your problem...without resorting to shade tree mechanic replace till it works :D