PDA

View Full Version : Footprint of Powermatic 3520B with outboard turnig assembly?

Bob Opsitos
10-30-2007, 12:31 PM
Re-organizing the garage on paper prior to the physical shuffle of tools. No 3520 now but I see one in my future.

I want to make sure that I position my current lathe (and the 220 outlet) to that the PM could drop right in place.

Expect to add the outboard rest, so if someone could measure the footprint of the assembled lathe I would appreciate it.

thanks
Bob

Rich Souchek
10-30-2007, 10:54 PM
Just measured her, with regular bed extension, at 6'-2" long and 32" from the wall to the base width. The headstock can be slid about 16" more to the left bed end. At 6'-2" length, the left outboard motor/fan shroud is just about vertical above the black tool holder (for the knock-out bar and misc. morse tapper stuff.) In my shop, there is an open doorway just to the left of my lathe, so I can get extra length there if needed. (Say you turn at the left end of the bed and then need to use the knock-out bar, the total length one would want is a little over 8'-0" long.)
Rich S.

Bob Opsitos
10-31-2007, 11:03 AM
Thanks Rich, that helps alot. Powermatic's specs make it seem larger than it is.

Bob