PDA

View Full Version : New web page for FreedomPens.org and .us

Keith Outten
02-09-2004, 10:30 AM
My first stab at a new web page for FreedomPens.org

http://www.freedompens.org

Oviously still rough around the edges but filled with lots of information already. I will have another page completed tonight with photographs of all the pens we have received. The new web site will grow at a very fast pace so visit often and feel free to make comments.

If you have any information that needs to be on the FreedomPens web site please contact me via PM or Email and I will take care of the web site updates.

Thanks to everyone for their hard work, we are making a difference!

Julie Wright
02-09-2004, 10:40 AM
Looks great

Don Abele
02-09-2004, 12:08 PM
Keith, it looks great.

Be well,

Doc

Tom Sweeney
02-09-2004, 12:14 PM
Keith,
I transferred freedompens.us to you - but now it's not loading - I think my emails to you are not getting through for some reason - check it out & let me know ifyou need me to change anything for the nameservers.

Jerry Stringer
02-09-2004, 12:19 PM
It looks great . . .

My question, though, is that with it being changed to .org from .US, will that make it look like we are out of business to folks we have given the old address to?

Thanks!

Jerry Stringer

Keith Outten
02-09-2004, 12:20 PM
Keith,
I transferred freedompens.us to you - but now it's not loading - I think my emails to you are not getting through for some reason - check it out & let me know ifyou need me to change anything for the nameservers.

Thanks Tom,

Ray our System Administrator is working on it now, he should have something for us shortly.

Don Abele
02-09-2004, 12:20 PM
Tom, the whois search is showing the HROADS.NET server, but listing a date of today for the change. DNS changes usually take a little while (from hours to sometimes days) to propagate throughout the net. I've had this happen to me several times in the past when transfering domains.

Be well,

Doc

Keith Outten
02-09-2004, 2:12 PM
Jerry,

Both domain names will soon point to the same server and files.

Aaron Koehl
02-09-2004, 3:05 PM
Jerry-- both will still point to the same place.

_Aaron_

Roger Fitzsimonds
02-09-2004, 3:24 PM
looks good Keith

Jerry Stringer
02-09-2004, 3:53 PM
Hi Keith,

A favor to ask . . .

on the website, could you put a link to Ken's Madison County High School program thread right under the Burleson High School link?

I'm telling all of our school people about a "friendly" competition and trying to get something started. The two links together would help out.

Of course, though, Burleson's link should be first!

Thanks!

Jerry

Tom Sweeney
02-09-2004, 4:22 PM
It usually takes godaddy 48 hours for a dns change to take effect. My concern was that when I originally did it Saturday morning there was a wierd error message about the new dns name having an invalid character, which it didn't (I copied it right from Jackie's email). I sent Jackie a reply email but they never got it. I went back in yesterday & redid the change & this time it seemed to take but I just want to be sure.

The freedompens.us will point to the same site as the .org - so once the transfer is complete either one will work.

Thanks
Tom

Tom, the whois search is showing the HROADS.NET server, but listing a date of today for the change. DNS changes usually take a little while (from hours to sometimes days) to propagate throughout the net. I've had this happen to me several times in the past when transfering domains.

Be well,

Doc

Daniel Yourdon
02-09-2004, 8:29 PM
Man,
I check in every day and I just can't believe the work that is going on here. I am generally a very busy productive person. But All of you have taken my breath away every day for a few weeks now. My hat is off to all of you. Here's to Indurance!!! ;)

Kent Cori
02-09-2004, 11:10 PM
Cool!!

Thanks for all the hard work Tom and Keith.

Noah Alkinburgh
02-10-2004, 2:37 PM
Keith,

Really like the look of the page. Everything lays out nicely. Maybe we could get a link to the Merchandise page up there too. Every purchase helps the cause. We have raised about $60.00 so far through the purchase of hats, shirts, and mugs.

Noah

Keith Outten
02-10-2004, 2:53 PM
Thanks for reminding me Noah, I'll put the link up tonight.

If anyone else knows of a link that should be on our new web page please let me know.

Keith Outten
02-10-2004, 3:06 PM
The Freedonpens.us domain is now pointing to the SawMill Creek web server. Both domains are pointing to the same web files.

Joel Shapiro
02-11-2004, 12:20 AM
A great page, Keith.

Joel