PDA

View Full Version : Conveyor Belt for Preformax 16-32

Don Selke
10-28-2007, 5:10 PM
I need to replace the sandpaper type conveyor belt for my preformax 16-32 drum sander. I was wondering if I should order the sandpaper replacement belt or a poly type belt? If you use the poly type belt on your sander, please comment on its preformance.

Richard Ferment
10-28-2007, 5:36 PM
I have been using the Poly type belt for about four years. The sandpaper belt that came with the sander lasted about five mo. I don't use my sander every day,but I have had no problems with the Poyy type belt.One nice thing is if the belt starts to slip just wipe with danp sponge.:)

Brad Townsend
10-28-2007, 6:12 PM
I didn't even know a poly type belt was available. Is that a Performax/Jet part, or is it sold by someone else (and if so, who)?

Robyn Horton
10-28-2007, 8:14 PM
I also have the poly belt on my sander, Its been on about a year now and seems to be much better than the sand paper version. It has more grip to the wood than the paper and leaves no marks.
Mine came from Amazon and its a Performax, part # 60-1012 now they are $187.88 but are sometimes lower in price.

Red Dwyer
10-30-2007, 6:28 PM
I just finished installing the poly belt on my 16-32. It works great with very little adjusting it tracks straight. I got my belt form amazon too but only paid about $80 for it with about $6 shipping. The belt fit good and seems to be very durable. Take a look at it here -http://www.amazon.com/Replacement-conveyor-Performax-Ryobi-sanders/dp/B000HTM4WG

Doug Shepard
10-30-2007, 8:47 PM
I haven't had any problems with tracking or grip with the paper one, but how is the poly belt for flatness compared to the factory belt? The sandpaper one can get some waviness in it that's sometimes a PITA if it causes the work to ride up tighter against the drum. I compensate by holding it down flat as it goes through, but wouldn't miss having to do that.