PDA

View Full Version : Gen. Industrial Supp. (Slightly OT)

John Miliunas
03-03-2003, 10:54 PM
Am I the only one having issues getting around the General Industrial Supply web site? Or have they just totally restricted themselves to selling Jet? I've been out there numerous times over the last week or so and the only links which appear live are those for the Jet equipment and those don't even seem to be completely loading. Anybody else seen this? :cool:

Ben Mathews
03-03-2003, 10:58 PM
Yep, and some of the Jet links don't work either, such as the floor mounted drill presses.

John Miliunas
03-03-2003, 11:12 PM
Yo Ben...Thanks much for checking that! Bummer about the site. I'm in the process of doing some very, very wishful thinking and was most interested in the Performax (S&D) sander. If things go right over the next 2-3 months, that will become part of a "gloat". I don't remember what their scratch & dent price was on it. 'Spose I could call them, but by the time I remember to do that, I'm at home and it's getting late in the evening. I doubt they keep real long hours. Oh well, might just have to bite the bullet and look around for a good deal on a brand new one. Thanks again! :cool:

Ken Salisbury
03-04-2003, 6:01 AM
I think their web site was re done by an idiot. They use to have a pretty good one with even a complete list of everything in the way of S & D in stock. It had lots of pics and specs on all their product line. I don't know if the site is presently under construction or not. I will try to call Rick Warren (owner) today and see what I can find out.

John Miliunas
03-04-2003, 7:50 AM
Thanks much, Ken. Yes, definitely agree with you about their site. It used to be much, much nicer and more user friendly. I've done a very, very minimal amount of web design (through Front Page, so you can see how "minimal" I mean!) and I'm sure even I could come up with something better than what they currently have. Oh well. The problems might be budget-related. At any rate, let us know what you find out. Muchos gracias! :cool:

Ken Salisbury
03-04-2003, 12:08 PM
I talked with Rick Warren (owner) of General industrial Supply this morning. As I suspected some inept person is trying to rebuild his web site. I made him aware of how inadequate it was, which by the way he was not aware of. I told him if he didn't get it fixed I wasn't sending him anymore business and to boot I was going to come to Nashville and burn his house down

They still have their complete line of Jet, Powermatic and Dewalt equipment both woodworking and metalworking.

They still sell both new and scratch and dent.

John Miliunas
03-04-2003, 12:22 PM
Ken. Many thanks! I'll bet Rick is happy you gave him a "heads up", as well. Guess we'll just have to keep an eye on it from time to time. :cool:

Ken Garlock
03-04-2003, 12:29 PM
I told him if he didn't get it fixed I wasn't sending him anymore business and to boot I was going to come to Nashville and burn his house down

Ken, You are too subtle for words.:D

Ken Salisbury
03-04-2003, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by Ken Garlock
Ken, You are too subtle for words.:D

I know Rick well --- I can get away with it --- I wouldn't try it if I were you though.

Howard Barlow
03-04-2003, 2:15 PM
Originally posted by Ken Salisbury
I know Rick well --- I can get away with it --- I wouldn't try it if I were you though.

Ken, you've seen the warnings before: "Professional driver, closed course. DO NOT try this at home."

I mean after all, you don't want to poke an eye out, now do you?:D

Steven Wilson
03-05-2003, 1:53 AM
What in the world are they doing "hacking" on a production site (errrrrrrrr). Their current site is an embarasment. Someone out to buy a test/model office server for them so they can hack their new site offline.

James O'Mara
03-05-2003, 9:24 AM
Ken , apparently you got somebody's attention because trying this morning the whole site is shut down. Maybe they are reloading the old one back in. Let's hope whatever they are up to, that it is an improvement.

Jimmy

James O'Mara
03-05-2003, 10:30 AM
Ken, Do you have a phone number for them? I want to call but because the website is not working I don't have their phone number.

Jimmy

Daniel Rabinovitz
03-05-2003, 10:56 AM
Hi neighbor (Western PA)
Phone number for General Industrial Supply
800-371-2220

(Stolen from one of Ken's posts)
:rolleyes:

Jerry Todd
03-05-2003, 3:01 PM
Ken.
Do not hold back, Tell us your real feelings.
Jerry, still stuck in Miami

Hal Flynt
03-05-2003, 6:50 PM
:(

Hal Flynt
03-06-2003, 11:05 AM
I sent emails on Feb 6th or 7th to Sales and the webmaster informing of their dead links and asking about their participation in any WW shows this year. No response.

I sent another round last thursday before going to Atlanta show. BTW I didn't see any stetsons.

I also sent another monday.

I want to get Jet left tilt Exacta and no response. I don't have the phone #.

If you talk to Rick, let him know he's not getting his emails.

Thanks.

Ken Salisbury
03-06-2003, 4:30 PM
Rick's # is 1-800-371-2220

Hal Flynt
03-10-2003, 7:09 PM
nm