PDA

View Full Version : Great Prices on Hitachi Routers

Chuck Tringo
10-28-2007, 8:33 AM
Just in case anyone is in the market for a new router, Amazon has some great prices on a couple of Hitachis right now. Not sure how long they will last, I know the M12V2 has bounced around a few times in the last week. As of 8:35 Sunday Morning, the M12V2 (3 1/4 HP Plunge) is at 157 with a 25 instant rebate, for 132 with free shipping, and the KM12VC (2 1/4 HP plunge/fixed base kit) is at 126 with free shipping.

Fred Voorhees
10-28-2007, 12:38 PM
Wow, that price for the M12V is fantastic. I have one mounted in my table and swear by it.

Art Mann
10-28-2007, 12:45 PM
The M12V2 is not the same as the M12V, but is its successor. I haven't heard how well the new model works in a router table, but if it is like the older one, it would be a great tool for this purpose. Being used in a router table, you wouldn't have to look at the really ugly color and shape of the new machine.

Russell Tribby
10-28-2007, 3:38 PM
For those of you that have this mounted in your table, can you do any above the table adjustments? I'm intrigued by the muscle that it would provide but after having a couple of lifts for a year I can't see myself going back to bending down and messing with height adjustments under the table.

Gary Keedwell
10-28-2007, 5:15 PM
I purchased the M12V2 a couple of months ago from Amazon for $117.60 with free shipping. Only fooled around with it for awhile but WW season is here and I'll put it through it's paces.
I wasn't really in the market but I didn't have a real plunge router...so what the heck, huh?
You can't beat that deal with a stick:eek: :p
Gary

Bill Ragland
10-28-2007, 5:32 PM
I purchase the M12V2 a few months ago for $86 (that's another story). I have it mounted in a table dedicated to raised panels, stiles and rails. I don't have an insert plate but a solid table. I drilled the hole for the bit just the right size to use a bent wrench for changing bits above the table top. Its a little difficult to lock the shaft but I got used to it. Same with height adjustments.

The best is that it literally plows through hardwood without evening breathing hard. There is a Router Raizer that fits the router.

Oh, what's wrong with the design, it's beautiful. Love that Green Alien look.

Rick Gifford
10-28-2007, 5:58 PM
Well I am in need of a plunge router. Been thinking about picking one up soon, so I just went ahead and ordered the M12V2.

I had a $25 Amazon gift certificate as well, so with instant discount and free shipping it will be at my door for a total of $107.49

Heck, can't beat that deal with a stick!

Gary Keedwell
10-28-2007, 6:12 PM
Well I am in need of a plunge router. Been thinking about picking one up soon, so I just went ahead and ordered the M12V2.

I had a $25 Amazon gift certificate as well, so with instant discount and free shipping it will be at my door for a total of $107.49

Heck, can't beat that deal with a stick!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v196/evsac/Video/Birthday%20Smiley/congrats.gif

Good one Rick......It's a no lose situation!!!

Gary

Jim Andrew
10-28-2007, 9:35 PM
Bill, I have the old model m12v and it came with a tool set, which included an adjusting knob on a tube with a threaded nut on the end, that you can just reach under the table and adjust the height, after releasing the clamp lever. Very handy. You could make one. Jim

Randal Stevenson
10-29-2007, 10:23 AM
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=61607&highlight=router+lift