PDA

View Full Version : lasered halloween spider apples

Robert Alexander
10-27-2007, 7:29 PM
I am doing some lasered spider legs for some carmel apples that we are giving out for halloween. Everyone who sees them loves them. I cut them out of 1/8" baltic plywood. After wrapping the carmel apples in some clear plastic wrap we put some scotch tape on the spider leg platform and stick it to the plastic wrap. :)

pete hagan
10-27-2007, 9:34 PM
Too bad I'm burning the midnight hour on other halloween props!

NEXT YEAR!

What a great idea.

Pete

James Rambo
10-27-2007, 11:50 PM
Is it Possible to get a cdr11 of that file? I have not made the leap to x3 yet.

Ed Lang
10-28-2007, 9:55 AM
Robert,

Thanks for the file!

I cut one and used hot glue to put together. When I got home, I took one of the caramel apples my son had made and put it in the legs. He already had a stick stuck in the top so I put your stick with eyes along side of it and left this out on the kitchen counter.

My wife and son thought that was real neat!

Of course the first thing out of my wifes mouth was you should have been cutting orders not playing!

I told her you posted it and I just cut it out quickly. Peace was restored!

Thanks for a fun project.

Maybe I'll scale it up for .5" plywood and cut one on the CNC for a pumpkin holder!

If I do, I'll take pictures for you.

ed

Carol Esh
10-28-2007, 10:16 PM
Great file Robert! My daughter and I are having fun making kookie spiders and here are some of the better ones we came up with. Thanks for sharing the file. They were made from 1/8th inch hardboard (masonite).

Carol

Epilog Mini 24 - 45W

Gary and Jessica Houghton
10-29-2007, 3:50 PM
Is that your Pomeranian on the left!?

Vicky Orsini
10-29-2007, 9:08 PM
Pomeranian? Looks more like a Tribble to me. :D

Carol Esh
11-01-2007, 9:25 AM
Well thats better than the dust bunny my husband thought it was :eek:

I thought it looked like a Chuzzle.

My daughter has since made some with gourds, maybe we can keep them around for Thanksgiving. :D