PDA

View Full Version : Perfarmax 37" Duel Drum

Jim Guy
10-27-2007, 4:44 PM
I purchased a used Performax 37" duel drum sander. When it works I love it.
Replacing the paper is without question the hardest thing I do in the shop.
Never once have I gotten it right. It is never tight enough. I fight with it for an hour or so trying to get it installed correctly and then go with the best I can, only to have the paper come loose after 5 or 6 passes.
Does anyone know where I can go to get detailed instructions on this? I can't believe it should be this hard. Maybe (hopefully) I'm doing something wrong. I have downloaded the manual from Performax but it is very little help.
Any help would be great and help me to stay sane.

Carroll Courtney
10-27-2007, 5:18 PM
Jim,I have the giz,and at each endof the paper I have it tape w/duct tape.Yes,that is per the directions.It works,maybe it will work for you.I don't use the whole 2" piece,but I rip it in half.So a 1"piece of tape wrap around the drums on each side and the overlap is with the rotation.

Bill Wyko
10-27-2007, 5:25 PM
A little mist of spray tac on the paper will go a long ways. If it ever builds up, use wax and grease remover available at automotive finish suppliers to remove it from the machine. Good luck.:D

Mike Hollingsworth
10-27-2007, 5:26 PM
I also used to love my double drum Performax when it worked. That's why I got a 16" open end wide belt. Now I love that when it works, all the time.

frank shic
10-27-2007, 6:23 PM
mike, are you saying that the smaller machine worked better than the larger one? kinda counter-intuitive!

Tom Cowie
10-27-2007, 7:25 PM
mike, are you saying that the smaller machine worked better than the larger one? kinda counter-intuitive!

Frank
I think he means that the wide belt machine works better than his dual drum sander.

Tom

frank shic
10-27-2007, 9:41 PM
ah yes, a wide BELT sander wins over a DRUM sander any day...

CPeter James
10-27-2007, 9:50 PM
I have it in a PDF file. If you email me, I will send it to you.

CPeter

Jim Guy
10-28-2007, 3:40 PM
Jim,I have the giz,and at each endof the paper I have it tape w/duct tape.Yes,that is per the directions.It works,maybe it will work for you.I don't use the whole 2" piece,but I rip it in half.So a 1"piece of tape wrap around the drums on each side and the overlap is with the rotation.

Carroll - it really does work. Seems to me there should be a better way, but if duck tape is what makes it work - then duck tape it will be.
In fact it only took about 3 or 4 minutes to get the job done, compared to 45 minutes.

Thanks so much for your help.