View Full Version : cman router help

kramer jones
10-27-2007, 3:03 PM
We have a mid 70's sears craftsman router 315.17381
was still in service in my router table until the collect lock nut broke
Sears parts shows this part (1-623793-01) as no longer available
I went to the craftsman club site hoping to post a call for help on the FORUMS
there but they were gone. Not even a link to post a question to Sears
Anyone here know what up with Craftsman?
Or can you give me another avenue to search for the part
Thanks in advance
kk

Brian Weick
10-27-2007, 4:19 PM
Hey Kramer,
no offense to you at all, and please don't take this the wrong way but maybe it's time for a new router? I just bought a Hitachi 3-1/4mv12 variable speed/soft start - last month- they sell for $300.00 and up , I got it for $117.00 new in the box + free shipping. It is a plunge router - just don't care for the look of it, but it works well on my lathe for fluting. If you do a lot of routing, or plan on doing a lot and you want a good quality-professional router then a PC 7518 is in line- that is a beast- I own them both , but I like the PC a lot better.there are others that I would buy as well ~ Bosch/ Freud/festool/ - these are all good brands in my opinion.
I know that your intention is to repair the old one- but that may be more of a hassle than it is to pick up one of these modern routers. Just an idea- at any rate I hope you can find the part your looking for and get her fixed if it's worth it to you.
Have a great Day!:)
Brian

Chuck Lenz
10-27-2007, 5:01 PM
Have you tried Fastenal ?

John Thompson
10-27-2007, 5:48 PM
I thought I had your router and went down to get the nut size. But mine is the 315.17400 with the rotating collar ring to adjust height. So...

If you determine the nut size.. along with Fastenal that has already been metioned, you might try Reid Tool Supply which has about every nut.. bolt.. etc. that has ever been made.

Good luck...

Sarge..

Randal Stevenson
10-27-2007, 6:01 PM
What was the site you checked? It is still there under the other name it was, craftsmantooltalk.com.

I would also try the wanted section at the bay and classifieds here.

Scott Rollins
10-27-2007, 6:04 PM
You can also try:
http://www.mcmaster.com/ (generally everything industrial under the sun)
http://www1.mscdirect.com/cgi/nnsrhm (everything industrial under and over the sun)