PDA

View Full Version : The love that dare not speak its name

Gary Herrmann
10-26-2007, 9:14 PM
Thought that might get your attention...

Awhile back, we lost our cat - Logan. A few weeks ago we were at Petsmart and the St. Francois society was there. I caved, and we came home with two kittens. The tortoiseshell is Cammy, the black is Spooky. Say hello to the nice people, girls.

Their, um, mom is our male yellow lab - Leo. He grooms them once in awhile and usually squashes them when they try to steal his bed. Our other black lab, Everett, is somewhat indifferent to them, but he's getting a bit older and likes to nap a lot.

Surprisingly, they sat still for a pic tonight. Once I get back to wwing, maybe I'll find out if either one wants to be a shop cat.

Ken Fitzgerald
10-26-2007, 9:17 PM
Leo really looks excited about motherhood!

Jason Roehl
10-27-2007, 7:45 AM
Gary, what's the deal with that cord in the picture? It looks like it is plugged into the baseboard!!

Oh...cute pets.

mark page
10-27-2007, 10:34 AM
Great picture there. A little while ago I lost my Maine Coon cat. LOML SWMBO layed the law down that we're done with pets for a period of time. I ask her about three times a week for another one. Tried the new house cat routine and didn't work. Tried the shop cat routine, and told her that everyone has a shop cat, that didn't work. Asked for another Maine Coony and no deal. Heck I can't even get a Missouri Coon and they end up in the trash at least once a week, lol. Tried holding breath till blue, stamping feet, lower lip puckered out. I can't get her to budge. I even on a sarcastic overtone asked her if I could hang a picture of Maine on the shop wall. She agreed to that, but that wasn't the result I was asking for. She even layed down the law that I can't even visit pet stores just to browse around, she knows I'll be bringing home something. So for the time being I have to enjoy other peoples pets.:(

Nancy Laird
10-27-2007, 11:08 AM
Hey Mark, have you tried the line---"But Honey, he just followed me home.." said with a slight whine in your voice and a hint of a tear in the corner of your eye (they sell eyedrops for that..;) ). If you go that route, it just might work. Once you get the cat home, she won't have the heart to send it back--unless she has read this post first!!:)

Nancy (55 days)

mark page
10-27-2007, 11:54 PM
No Nancy, she's already got me pegged! I'll have to let everything die down for a while and then suddenly appear with one. I think the "no pet rule" is a little biased. Between all the kids, we have over the last year acquired some sort of lizard (don't know what kind) just know the kids have to go on a cricket buying spree at the local fish bait store once a week, and a rodent hamster that appeared from a school classroom project (he was supposed to go back to school again, but he's still boarding at my place). Oh and forgot the sob story from the kids that brought home a farm cat from the in-laws. He was so cross-eyed he couldn't even jump on the couch without knocking over and destroying something in the process. He made the mistake of being so cross-eyed he couldn't find his litter box one day and pee'd on my britches and soaked my wallet. He is now residing back on the farm and is, so I am told, the king cat of the barn. So am slowly gathering amunition for my great move in the future to bring home a new Coony. Just need a few more bullets and a bulletproof vest to commit the crime,;) :D

Leo Pashea
10-28-2007, 11:13 AM
Gary, what's the deal with that cord in the picture? It looks like it is plugged into the baseboard!!

Oh...cute pets.

The plug is plugged into what appears to be "Plugmold". Plugmold is a product of the Legrand company, which is known for it's "Wiremold" wire and cable management systems.

Greg Peterson
10-28-2007, 8:13 PM
Cute picture Gary.

Mark, I have one thing to say to you: It's easier to ask for forgiveness than it is to ask for permission.

Russ Filtz
10-30-2007, 8:42 AM
For when you need to take them to the Vet! (just kidding, I have two of my own!) My 5-lb female needs this. They have to gas her at the vet to get anything done and have to wear welding gloves to handle her. Feisty!