PDA

View Full Version : A couple of blanks prepped today *PIC*

Ken Salisbury
02-08-2004, 6:21 PM
I managed to prep a couple of blanks today (10 walnut sets and 42 Corian sets) and 10 red/white/blue center band blanks. The ones on the far right in the second row look like they are white but they are actually a real light blue - should make purty pens.

Need to sharpen up the chisels and and start making shavings. :)

p.s. Ain't my bench top purty ??

John Miliunas
02-08-2004, 6:31 PM
I managed to prep a couple of blanks today (10 walnut sets and 42 Corian sets) and 10 red/white/blue center band blanks. The ones on the far right in the second row look like they are white but they are actually a real light blue - should make purty pens.

So Ken, what exactly do you call a LOT if that's just a COUPLE?! Yup, chips will be a'flyin'! :cool:

Ken Salisbury
02-08-2004, 6:39 PM
So Ken, what exactly do you call a LOT if that's just a COUPLE?! Yup, chips will be a'flyin'! :cool:I usually prep 100 sets of blanks at a time :D store them and use as required.
Yup, "chips" a'flyin"! ---- "shavings" ! -- if your tools are sharp! :D

Todd Burch
02-08-2004, 7:04 PM
Ken, what's the matter with all your blanks? They look like they have HOLES in them...

Are the blanks I'm sending out supposed to have HOLES in them?

Ken Salisbury
02-08-2004, 7:07 PM
Ken, what's the matter with all your blanks? They look like they have HOLES in them...

Are the blanks I'm sending out supposed to have HOLES in them?

holes and even brass tubes would be nice :D :D

Julie Wright
02-08-2004, 7:57 PM
Wheeeee Thats a lot of blanks. I like the green ones. We might have to trade some corian.. I have mostly brown and tan. Do you need any Tan corian ???

Whats all over your bench?? It looks yellow and moldy???

Todd Burch
02-08-2004, 8:33 PM
Julie, that's Bud Light sloppage.

Dale Thompson
02-08-2004, 9:43 PM
Ken,
Dem dere is mor blanks than Iz got 'tween mine ears.
You iz gonna have fun witt doze!!

I have never turned Corian. Is it tough on tools? I've heard that it's not. It really doesn't matter. I need practice with my sharpening anyway. :o

Happy Turning!! :)

Dale T.

Ken Salisbury
02-08-2004, 9:53 PM
Ken,
Dem dere is mor blanks than Iz got 'tween mine ears.
You iz gonna have fun witt doze!!

I have never turned Corian. Is it tough on tools? I've heard that it's not. It really doesn't matter. I need practice with my sharpening anyway. :o

Happy Turning!! :)

Dale T.

not really bad - just need to sharpen a little more often is all

Keith Outten
02-08-2004, 10:38 PM
Ken,

The Corian blanks look nice. The workbench looks used, possibly because you have built a thing or two :)

Mike Leonard stopped by Saturday and brought me some of the blue/sparkle, dark green and some really nice dark maroon Corian pieces. I expect to get about a hundred blanks from Mikes stock and another couple hundred from the lighter shades of Corian I have in my shop.

Rumaging through my toolroom I found a small machinists vice with the verticle square access hole machined in the jaw faces, should be perfect for drilling blanks. As soon as I can find an arbor press I should be on my way.

John Miliunas
02-08-2004, 10:58 PM
Hey Keith, if you can't find an arbor press handy, just use your drill press. Ahhhh, just don't turn it "on" while you're pressing the parts. That can get real messy! :D :cool: