PDA

View Full Version : Outfeed roller table for Saw Stop table saw

Doug Morgan
10-26-2007, 6:22 PM
Does anyone know of a outfeed roller table that can be fitted to the sawstop table saw? The HTC will not.

James Phillips
10-26-2007, 8:20 PM
I built an outfeed table. I do not like rollers. I prefer just a smooth surface like melamine. Rollers have a "preferred" direction and if not align perfectly will "fight" with the fence. A smooth outfeed table does not have this problem and is easier to build.

Doug Shepard
10-26-2007, 8:58 PM
Do you know why the HTC wont fit on the SS? The HTC supposedly fits the PM66 yet I had to grind some of the upper bracket off to get it to clear the blade guard post thru the whole 45 bevel travel. Just wondering what on the SS interferes and if it could be modified.

Doug Morgan
10-27-2007, 10:37 AM
I can't say why but that the details say
"Fits Most 10" Cabinet Saws, Except PM2000 & SawStop"

Brian Weick
10-27-2007, 11:44 AM
Just thought that those that might be interested in this idea can do it better for a lot less money - this works better than great- I just trimmed a door from 36" to 34" ~ perfect, from top to bottom with no saw marks at all- nothing- smooth as a planed surface. Someone in this thread stated that rollers steer your material- maybe rubber-that is true, however~ not steel rollers- there is no roller direction with the material on steel - I have had none, no problem. http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?p=676563#post676563

You have to have your bench across from your TS - I found out that this works out great,but if you have a better idea- knock your socks off!
Brian

James Phillips
10-27-2007, 1:20 PM
Even with a steel roller, if it not not aligned just right it will fight with your fence. Someones response might be "Well get it lined up". You do not have to line up a table and a clean table slides just as easy as rollers, are easier to build and can be used as a work area. I just really do not see the need for rollers, but to each their own

Brian Weick
10-27-2007, 1:26 PM
Even with a steel roller, if it not not aligned just right it will fight with your fence. Someones response might be "Well get it lined up". You do not have to line up a table and a clean table slides just as easy as rollers, are easier to build and can be used as a work area. I just really do not see the need for rollers, but to each their own

To each his/her own,
Have a great day!:)
Brian