PDA

View Full Version : I hate Amazon or Where else to purchase JDS 750JER Air Cleaner

Dan Smith
02-08-2004, 6:00 PM
I hate Amazon! I ordered the JDS 750 air cleaner from them hoping to apply a $25 discount on Jan 23rd. Just was notified that the new delivery estimate is March 10th!

So where else to get it from? PennState? WoodCraft? I want to call and be assured that they have it in stock! Can I buy from JDS direct?

Thanks,

-dan

John Weber
02-08-2004, 6:50 PM
I bought mine at the Wood Show a couple years ago direct, here is the web site:

http://www.thejdscompany.com/

Love it!

John

Ron Jones near Indy
02-08-2004, 8:28 PM
I hate Amazon! I ordered the JDS 750 air cleaner from them hoping to apply a $25 discount on Jan 23rd. Just was notified that the new delivery estimate is March 10th!

So where else to get it from? PennState? WoodCraft? I want to call and be assured that they have it in stock! Can I buy from JDS direct?

Thanks,

-dan
Dan,
Sorry about your delay in getting a very good product :( . I ordered mine from Amazon during the second week of December in '02 and had it hanging in my shop 6 days later :D . I remember this because I thought it was great service considering the Christmas rush. Where ever you get it, rest assured you are getting a quality air cleaner.
Ron

Scott E. Cokley
02-09-2004, 5:05 AM
I purchased my from amazon, no problem about 1 week, unlike the jet combo sander I ordered at the begining of Jan and it still has not shipped. They sell them at my local woodcraft here in Dayton, instock, seen one 2 days ago on the shelf. I love mine! One thing they do not mention in there specs. is that the moter has an electronic speed control.(Motor will slowly ramp up to speed). This is a great feature. Alot less stress on the motor.

Lynn Kasdorf
02-09-2004, 10:02 AM
Amazon does an amazing job, while usually providing the lowest prices anywhere, or darn close. In general, I have found their delivery estimates to be conservative, and their service to be exdcellent, but I guess things can go wrong from time to time with any business.

IMHO, Amazon made a huge advance by allowing customers to write feedback on specific products. This is a great idea and a great use of the web.

ymmv

Dan Smith
02-09-2004, 10:49 AM
hmmm, I guess it may be a supply issue then, seeing everyone who has had good luck with this item from Amazon. However, I do find them to be very inconsistant with there order estimations. Ships in 24 hours can mean that, or 2 weeks depending on the item. It seems (at least from the items I have purchased from them) that bigger tools are more of a problem than smaller items.

Well, I will do some research, as of now, my order is still on Amazon's system, so maybe it will ship before I can find it someplace else.

-dan

Stan Smith
02-09-2004, 12:18 PM
I have bought most of my shop from ToolCrib over the years which as you know is now with Amazon. The only shipping wait problem I ever had was the retrofit kit for my Jet 1100 DC. However, they said at the outset that shipping would not be for some months. Then they extended that another 5 weeks. I'm just assuming that they were waiting for the supplier to make them.

Before Christmas, I ordered a digital camera and also a batter charger. I was not aware that the camera kit already came with a charger. They deducted the return shipping charge from my refund when I returned the charger. I told them I was through doing business with them and they credited my account for the difference to keep me happy. I just ordered a bostich nailer from them for a real great price so I'm still their customer for now.

Stan

Lee Schierer
02-09-2004, 2:04 PM
I did a google search for "JDS 750 Air cleaner" and got a large number of hits for places that sell them that do not appear to be amazon.

Kevin Brown
02-13-2004, 1:21 PM
Hey Dan,

I had about the same delay on my air cleaner from Amazon, expected ship date was moved to March 5.

Fed-Ex just delivered it about an hour ago, no word from Amazon it had shipped or anything :)

Maybe your next ;)

Dan Smith
02-13-2004, 1:37 PM
Kevin,

Thanks for the heads up. I will keep my eyes open, but still no updates on Amazon about processing or shipping. They did give me free 2nd day shipping after I complained, but estimated delivery date is still 2 weeks out.

-dan

Ian MacDonald
02-16-2004, 4:41 PM
I've been purchasing quite a few things from CoastalTool as recently(including a JDS 750-ER) and have found their prices and shipping rates to be very reasonable. I wouldn't hesitate to purchase from them again.

http://www.coastaltool.com/

I used to purchase a lot of items from Amazon but as of late I find that you never know when the item is actually going to ship, if ever. They also used to have the best prices around but I think now it pays to shop around.

Regards,

-- Ian