PDA

View Full Version : Newest addition to the plane till

Mark Stutz
10-25-2007, 10:23 PM
Well, it was late in the morning...several hundred lots into the auction, when this liitle one came up. Just couldn't resist for $35...Child, Farr, & Co., made in St. Louis (haven't been able to research this maker yet),which is the main reason I bought this. I really don't intend to use this, but since it "could" be used I figured I didn't have to worry about being a Col&^%(tor:D ;) :eek:

Roy Wall
10-25-2007, 11:33 PM
Nice User Mark!! (at a good price....)

Uhm.....nice bench too.....

Dave Anderson NH
10-26-2007, 9:02 AM
Hi Mark, Nice score. I'll betcha that down the road you buy a set of irons for it at one of the next LFODs and end up using it. It's very hard to resist a plow plane. They are just so much fun to use.

Mark Stutz
10-26-2007, 1:04 PM
Truth is, Dave, I already have a handled plow and a set of irons:D :eek: , and yes, they are fun to use.:cool:

Mark

Jake Darvall
10-26-2007, 7:24 PM
Lovely looking plane Mark. But not as good as mine though...:D

Bill Houghton
10-26-2007, 7:53 PM
It's even had lightening holes drilled, just like the 1950's race cars. Is it noticeably faster that way?

Jake Darvall
10-26-2007, 8:02 PM
ummmm. I spose....but what I like about it the most is, if I stick that fence up to my ear and listen closely, I can hear the ocean. :rolleyes: :D

Mark Stutz
10-26-2007, 8:06 PM
Jake, I've seen a few like that here as well! Nexttime I run across one, I'll box it up andsend it your way:eek: :D

Jim Dunn
10-26-2007, 11:12 PM
ummmm. I spose....but what I like about it the most is, if I stick that fence up to my ear and listen closely, I can hear the ocean. :rolleyes: :D

Never new an ocean to buzzzzzzz:eek: Better beeee careful of your ear:D That's the only tool that came with a can or RAID as instead of irons:p Can't come up with any others right now. It's late.

Nice score Mark.