PDA

View Full Version : Delta lathe- good deal??

Jess Wetherhold
10-25-2007, 12:19 PM
This lathe is for sale back in my hometown in DE. I figured that it was worth taking a look at if you are close to the area. Ebay item # 140169937186 .

http://pics.ebaystatic.com/aw/pics/spacer.gif

charlie knighton
10-25-2007, 2:52 PM
yes that is an excellant deal for the $, i have a less powerful delta with a reeves drive that i would like to upgrade

that is 1/2 the price of a jet 1642evs

what kind of drive does that lathe have, i do not see any indication

you could probable buy the stand direct from delta

Jim Kountz
10-25-2007, 3:00 PM
I saw where it had a 3 phase motor so its using a VFD drive for the variable speed which allows you to use standard 220 single phase but 3 phase out to the motor. Soooooo its a nice electronic variable speed and not the older reeves drive. Im getting a crash course on all this from a fellow Creeker.

Dick Strauss
10-25-2007, 4:06 PM
Charlie,
The stand is in the picture but is taken apart into its components. Look at the pieces in the front left and rear right of the lathe bed in the listing. These pieces are the heavy duty leg assembly parts.

Jess,
That is a good deal but the price will usually go much higher in the next few days given that there have been seven unique bidders.

Good luck,
Dick

Rick Levine
10-25-2007, 5:57 PM
It does look like a good deal but if you really want it I'd do the Buy It Now option before anyone else gets it. The other option is to download a copy of Auction Sentry and put in the highest bid you are willing to pay and hope no one else will pay higher. But again, if you determine that $1475 is a fair price, go for it.

charlie knighton
10-25-2007, 6:42 PM
Charlie,
The stand is in the picture but is taken apart into its components. Look at the pieces in the front left and rear right of the lathe bed in the listing. These pieces are the heavy duty leg assembly parts.

yes i see it now, do not know why i did not see it before:D

Jess Wetherhold
10-25-2007, 7:18 PM
Well, I thought that the buy it now price was a great bargain. I purchased the Jet 1642 evs when I lived back east and shipped it out here. I most likely would have gotten this one if the timing had been right. I am sure it will find a good home:)

John Shuk
10-25-2007, 8:21 PM
I have that machine and I like it alot.
I think $1475 is a decent price for it.
If for some reason it doesn't work out Amazon has the Jet 1642 with 2hp
for $1599 and free shipping.
Of the 2 machines the Jet seems to have a greater following. I like the Jet live center better than the Delta. I use a Oneway live center which is similar to the Jet.