PDA

View Full Version : Router Lift Recommendations

Todd Hyman
10-25-2007, 10:35 AM
I'd like some advice/recommendations on router lifts. I have an Hitachi M12v. I see that Woodpecker has one for $170. What features are a must have in a router lift?

jason lambert
10-25-2007, 12:28 PM
I have a woodpecker lift and love it. If I where to do it again I would do a
http://www.jointech.com/smartliftdigital.htm
lift. It will save me alot of set up time and test cuts.

Actuall I am going to get one I am building a new shop now.

Paul Greathouse
10-25-2007, 1:08 PM
Several of us here on the forum have the Benchdog Prolift and like it very much. Its similar to the jointech that Jason posted but without the digital readout.

It's performance has been flawless so far. No backlash, smooth raising and lowering, above the table bit change and its built very solid. check out their website http://www.benchdog.com/prolift.htm.

Brian Weick
10-25-2007, 1:43 PM
I'd like some advice/recommendations on router lifts. I have an Hitachi M12v. I see that Woodpecker has one for $170. What features are a must have in a router lift?

I have the woodpecker QL - It was designed for the Porter cable 7518 - just be careful if you decide to get a lift that it is designed for your model. By the way the QL is an awesome lift- extremely happy with it. :D
Brian

Stan Smith
10-25-2007, 4:30 PM
I've had a router razer for some time. On another wwing forum a guy had put together a series of instructions and pics to show how to modify the mv12 for the router razer. I just followed his instructions. It seems to have been pretty involved though. I remember cutting off part of the posts. All that said, I would (and probably will) get a really good lift some day in the future. The router razer works better than nothing but the newer ones out now are really good.

Stan

jason lambert
10-25-2007, 4:39 PM
Benchdog is also really good, I think it is more durable than the woodpeckler but the woodpecker is more refined. For me there is a big difference in weight between the benchdog and woodpecker and I have it in a benchdog contractor table which I carry so I opted for the woodpecker. Also the inserts are nicer onthe woodpecker and the ability to quickly bring it up and down with out screwing it all the time sold me. For a 24/7 shop I would go with the benchdog. Both are top end lifts. Have not use the jointec so I can not compair it but have herd good things.

Josh Youngman
10-25-2007, 7:40 PM
the benchdog is made for the PC 7518. I dont see how you could get a M12v in it. Call benchdog before buying.

James Williams 007
10-25-2007, 8:33 PM
I have the JessEm That came with my Jet Table saw and I have used it more than my other router set ups. I love it! First off it can be adjusted from the top like most and I like that I can level it from the top. The lift is smooth and solid couldnt ask for a better lift I just wish I could find another one this one was made for jet and the other JessEms don't look the same.

Earl Reid
10-25-2007, 9:29 PM
I have a Router Razer on my Hitach m12v. works very well and cost about $90. i spent about 1 hour mounting it.
Earl

Shannon Vincent
10-25-2007, 11:58 PM
I have the Woodpecker Quick-lift and love it.The quick lift function is what I like the most about it,makes it very quick and easy to change a bit,and then move close to the height you want.

Don Stutsman
10-26-2007, 11:25 AM
I just bought the Woodpecker Quick-Lift and found it to seem to be very well built and beefy, also easy to install. I have only used it two or three times and I am very happy with it so far. I looked at the Jointech digital but could not justify the cost ($329.00).:)

Bill Wyko
10-26-2007, 12:12 PM
I have the Rockler and it's very solid. They have several to choose from. I usre the big one with the PC motor. The only problem I've encountered is sawdust getting in the threads after a while. Easy to cure though. I like it because it will bring the chuck all the way up out of the table for easy bit changes.

Chris Dodge
10-26-2007, 12:23 PM
I have the Benchdog and it is perfect for my PC 7518. I HIGHLY recommend it but make sure it will work for your router before buying.