PDA

View Full Version : Funds Drive for a fellow creeker

Zahid Naqvi
10-25-2007, 9:11 AM
A long standing creeker and a compassionate woodworker, Dennis Peacock, is facing some major long term medical expenses due to a recent development in his family. The health insurance provided by his employer does not cover all expenses and he has to foot a significant portion of these bills out of his pocket. Needless to say other aspects of their life have started to suffer due to the immense financial burden this new development has put on their earnings and any savings.

Dennis has been a part of this community since its inception, and is always the first one to raise his hand when any other creeker needs help. Although he is a man of great pride and refuses to ask for any help, some of us have talked to him and he has reluctantly agreed to accept whatever SMC can come up with.

Although the medical expenses will be a long term financial strain they will have to find a way to manage, some of us thought that we should do what we can to "pitch in". Please keep in mind this is an initiative taken upon by a few close friends, Dennis has nothing to do with it. If anyone has any moral or principled objections to this concept I am to blame for it, so please direct you criticisms towards me.

I am going to keep track of the collections, while Joe Meazle has agreed to help and keep things in line. The status will be posted under this thread.

You can use my PayPal account at ZRNAQVI_at_yahoo_dot_com, or if you'd like to write a check you can mail it at the address below. Please make sure you email me (at the above email) to let me know you have sent a donation.

Zahid Naqvi
2819 Valley Park Drive
Little Rock, AR 72212.

P.S. I have received a few checks made out to Dennis, Please address all checks to Zahid Naqvi or Joe Meazle, we would like to keep all contributions anonymous as far as Dennis is concerned.

Jim Becker
10-25-2007, 9:26 AM
Thanks for this effort, Zahid. My support will be there shortly.

Ken Fitzgerald
10-25-2007, 9:43 AM
I'm with Jim Zahid! Thanks for taking the lead on this. My contribution will be on it's way shortly.

Tyler Howell
10-25-2007, 10:31 AM
I got your Back Z.
Speedy recovery to the Peacock family.
TJH

Glenn Clabo
10-25-2007, 10:50 AM
$$$ has been paypal'd...and thank you for doing this!

Rich Stewart
10-25-2007, 11:52 AM
Paypaled what i could. Not much but I hope every little bit helps.

Nancy Laird
10-25-2007, 2:36 PM
Help is on the way!!

Nancy (57 days)

Keith Outten
10-25-2007, 3:06 PM
Jackie and I are in, we will send something via PayPal this evening.

To the whole Peacock Family you will have our continued support and prayers with hope that your family member is healthy soon. Many here know how devastating a family illness can be so you are not alone.

David Duke
10-25-2007, 3:22 PM
Check will be in the mail tomorrow.

Best of luck and a heart felt "Get well soon" the the ill member of the Peacock family.

Steve Clardy
10-25-2007, 3:26 PM
I'll be sending some in.

Gary Whitt
10-25-2007, 3:29 PM
Thanks for the info.
Medical expenses can set someone back quickly.
Prayers for a complete recovery are also on the way.

Lou Morrissette
10-25-2007, 3:43 PM
Check is in the mail.

Lou

glenn bradley
10-25-2007, 7:23 PM
No Paypal account. Check is in the mail . . . . No really, that wasn't a joke. Email sent to you too Z. Thanks for taking the lead on this.

John Shuk
10-25-2007, 8:25 PM
Paypal will be sent.
I wish the best Dennis.

Earl Reid
10-25-2007, 9:20 PM
Zahid
Our check will be in the mail tommorow

Earl:)

Zahid Naqvi
10-25-2007, 10:04 PM
I sincerely appreciate all the friends and well wishers who have stepped up, it is times like these that woodworkers prove that they truly treat each other as family.

Clint Jones
10-25-2007, 10:41 PM
Zahid. Paypal sent. I'll try to scrounge some handtool for a raffle of some sort. Hope everything is O.K. Dennis. -Clint

Dennis Peacock
10-25-2007, 11:20 PM
To all of you.....

I do not know what to say...except Thank You..!!!
The LOML and I both greatly appreciate the kindness that all of you are extending to us as a family.

I am most humbled and truly blessed to be surrounded by wonderful folks like each of you.

Ken Fitzgerald
10-26-2007, 12:04 AM
Gadzooks Dennis......don't start crying.....you'll get your overalls wet!:eek: :rolleyes: :D

Glad to be of some assistance my friend! I hope things are going better!

Jim Kountz
10-26-2007, 12:10 AM
Count me in, I will send a check for what I can. Speedy recovery to the Peacock family member!!

Rick de Roque
10-26-2007, 9:26 AM
Zahid,
Checks in the mail.

Dennis,
Hope everything works out for you and your family. If there is anything I can do for you please let me know.

Rick

Ken Werner
10-26-2007, 2:21 PM
We're in too.
Ken & Ben

John Renzetti
10-26-2007, 3:14 PM
Dennis is a good guy. Paypal transfer has just been made.
take care,
John

Zahid Naqvi
10-26-2007, 3:50 PM
Just wanted to thank all the contributors. Things are steadily moving along. I will provide a status update sometime this weekend. The PayPal numbers are instantaneous, but there are several checks which are still in the mail (considering we are still in the second day of this funds drive).

Paul Muhlstadt
10-26-2007, 4:12 PM
Check is in the mail. God Speed!!!

Dan Forman
10-26-2007, 4:48 PM
Check is on the way.

Dan

Don Abele
10-26-2007, 5:03 PM
Zahid, thank you for helping take care of a fellow SMC'er.

Dennis, best of luck - please let us know if there is something specific we can do to help.

God bless and be well,

Doc

Bob Marino
10-26-2007, 10:33 PM
Check will be in the mail tomorrow. This is a forum, more like a family though.
Dennis, thing will get better!

Bob

Jules Dominguez
10-27-2007, 9:56 AM
Will send a check. Dennis, best wishes for you and your family

Zahid Naqvi
10-27-2007, 1:04 PM
Since the funds drive has been going on for a couple of days I thought it might be a good time to give a status update.

Contributions through PayPal= $682
# of contributors = 19

I have several checks in the mail which will probably start coming in next week, I will start including those figures as they come in.

Zahid Naqvi
10-27-2007, 1:07 PM
I asked PayPal to discount their discount fees, the reply was unless we are registered as a non-profit they can't provide any discounts. But I will pick up the tab for any PayPal fees to make sure all the contributions get used for the intended purpose.

Brian Weick
10-27-2007, 1:41 PM
I just wanted to thank you Zahid for doing this for Dennis, very nice gesture on your part. I will be sending my donation in through pay-pal- I will rummage through the thread to find out how to do this.

and Dennis,
I hope all goes well with you and your family- I wish you the best! Hang in there buddy- we are all trying to help:)
Sincerely,
Brian

Ken Fitzgerald
10-27-2007, 2:04 PM
I asked PayPal to discount their discount fees, the reply was unless we are registered as a non-profit they can't provide any discounts. But I will pick up the tab for any PayPal fees to make sure all the contributions get used for the intended purpose.

Very generous of you Zahid! Thanks!

Glenn Clabo
10-28-2007, 6:22 AM
Thank you Zahid.
As one who has been through this I can tell you that this can happen to even those of us with "good insurance". I lost my first wife to breast cancer...and by the time it was all done I was more than $250,000.00 in debt. If it wasn't for other blessings in my life...I'd be really in trouble.

Leland Berry
10-28-2007, 6:41 AM
LeeB in Benton will send what I can. Some on the way to SMC too. You're
all a pretty good group.

Michael Morgan
10-28-2007, 4:11 PM
Zahid,

If someone can figure out a way (Simple and Fair) to have a lottery of some kind I will donate 100 Board feet of super 4/4 cherry and ship it anywhere in the lower 48. I will donate the lumber and pay for all shipping costs. The cherry was sawn from logs harvested in Northwest Pa. beautiful color 95% red and clear at least one face. I would say $20.00 per chance and all monies go to the cause. We could run it for thirty days then the winner will be drawn and I will ship the lumber or deliver if the winner is close. I just don't know of a way to do it yet. Any suggestions? Anyone?

Mike

Jim Kountz
10-28-2007, 4:47 PM
Michael, what a very generous offer. I think this is a great idea and personally I would be in for $20 a chance and Im sure alot of others would be too. The world needs more souls like yours, thats for sure.

Jim

Jerry Clark
10-28-2007, 8:07 PM
Zahid-- PayPal on the way-- Dennis hope things get better! :)

John Shuk
10-28-2007, 8:31 PM
Michael,
That is very generous. I would participate in a raffle if it can be pulled off. I would suggest being very careful since it coulb be legally sticky though. We are all friends here and it is a good cause but this is a pretty public place and there could be guidelines that should be followed.

Michael Keating
10-28-2007, 9:41 PM
Zahid,

Check is in the mail.

Mike

Scott Moore
10-29-2007, 11:14 AM
Thanks for taking the lead on this and helping a fellow woodworker in their time of need.
Paypal sent, emnail message sent. :cool:

Best wishes to Dennis & his family :)

Bruce Page
10-29-2007, 9:44 PM
Money sent via paypal.
Thanks Zahid

Zahid Naqvi
10-29-2007, 10:08 PM
Zahid,

If someone can figure out a way (Simple and Fair) to have a lottery of some kind I will donate 100 Board feet of super 4/4 cherry and ship it anywhere in the lower 48. I will donate the lumber and pay for all shipping costs. The cherry was sawn from logs harvested in Northwest Pa. beautiful color 95% red and clear at least one face. I would say $20.00 per chance and all monies go to the cause. We could run it for thirty days then the winner will be drawn and I will ship the lumber or deliver if the winner is close. I just don't know of a way to do it yet. Any suggestions? Anyone?

Mike

Mike that is a very good idea and a very generous offer, I will have to talk to Keith and see what he thinks about it.

Zahid Naqvi
10-29-2007, 10:42 PM
I got the first batch of checks this morning, about 10. The total with the PayPal and the checks now stands at
$1515

I have a few other ideas that we are discussing, keep your eyes on the classifieds

Ken Fitzgerald
10-29-2007, 10:46 PM
I got the first batch of checks this morning, about 10. The total with the PayPal and the checks now stands at
$1515

I have a few other ideas that we are discussing, keep your eyes on the classifieds

That is just too cool! Thanks to everyone here at the Creek for your generosity in helping a fellow Creeker out!

Just too cool!

Mark Singer
10-30-2007, 7:05 AM
I am sending a PayPal now....

Steve Clardy
10-30-2007, 10:34 PM
Bump..................

Bruce Page
10-30-2007, 10:40 PM
Bump..................

Ditto.......

John Bailey
10-31-2007, 3:18 PM
PayPal on the way. Thanks for heading it up Zahid. We're all thinkin' about you Dennis, hand in there.

John

jonathan snyder
11-01-2007, 1:50 AM
Paypal Sent.

Hang in there Dennis. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Jonathan

Wayne Bitting
11-02-2007, 7:44 AM
Check dropped off in the mail this morning. Hope things get better soon for you Dennis, you and your family are in our prayers. Wayne

Keith Outten
11-02-2007, 7:55 AM
This is an opportunity to show our support for a fellow woodworker that is experiencing a hardship that none of us could possibly prevent. As we are a Community and not just an Online Forum we should show our support and pull together when these kinds of problems affect the lives of our Members.

Please show your support for this very good cause, consider it an insurance policy should something catastrophic happen to you or your family.

Thanks to everyone who has shown their support for the Peacock family, I know that they will never forget your generosity.

Bernie Weishapl
11-04-2007, 12:42 AM
Paypal will be on the way. Hang in there Dennis our prayers are with you and your family.

Doug Thompson
11-04-2007, 2:23 AM
Been to busy to read the threads I'm in. Dennis, you take care of yourself.

Tom Sherman
11-04-2007, 12:45 PM
Sorry I did not get this sooner paypal on the way. Dennis you and your family are in my prayers.

Ed Scolforo
11-04-2007, 2:18 PM
Zahid, thanks for helping. Money sent to pay pal. God bless Dennis and family.Ed

Zahid Naqvi
11-04-2007, 9:35 PM
Adding up all the checks that have come upto this Saturday and the PayPal payments, the total now stands at
$2334

Way to go creekers and WWers in general, you guys rock.

Dennis Peacock
11-05-2007, 7:30 PM
I don't know what to say....except....THANK YOU!!!!!
You kindness and generosity are greatly appreciated.!!!!

I am most humbled.

Steve Clardy
11-05-2007, 9:59 PM
I don't know what to say....except....THANK YOU!!!!!
You kindness and generosity are greatly appreciated.!!!!

I am most humbled.

The old saying............

What goes around, comes around. ;)

Bernie Weishapl
11-05-2007, 11:15 PM
The old saying............

What goes around, comes around. ;)

Steve you hit the nail on the head.

Bernie Weishapl
11-06-2007, 6:09 PM
Thought I would give this a Bump!!!

Al Willits
11-07-2007, 2:43 PM
You gonna keep this going for a bit?
Bad week here for me, but want to send soon.

Al

Steve Schlumpf
11-07-2007, 7:22 PM
Finally got the PayPal thing figured out and it's on it's way!

Dennis - from my family to yours - you are in our prayers! God bless you all and may things improve for your family very soon!

Glenn Pearston
11-08-2007, 8:13 AM
Zahid - just PayPal'd a donation to you. Best wishes to the Peacock family.

Glenn

Carl Eyman
11-09-2007, 9:32 AM
Check being mailed 11/9/2008.

Zahid Naqvi
11-09-2007, 9:37 AM
thanks guys, I think I should tally the numbers and post the latest figure.

Brian Weick
11-09-2007, 9:39 AM
You can use my PayPal account at ZRNAQVI_at_yahoo_dot_com, or if you'd like to write a check you can mail it at the address below. Please make sure you email me (at the above email) to let me know you have sent a donation.

Zahid Naqvi
2819 Valley Park Drive
Little Rock, AR 72212.

Zahid,
How do you send money via paypal- I have an account with PP ?
Thank you,
Brian

Zahid Naqvi
11-09-2007, 9:45 AM
As of Nov 9, counting all the checks and paypal payments the total funds raised stand at
$2664

I know there are still some in the mail.

Zahid Naqvi
11-09-2007, 9:48 AM
Brian, when you login to paypal click the send money tab. All you need is the receivers email address for sending money. It is free for you to send money. If you have any trouble PM me and I can give you more details.

Brian Weick
11-09-2007, 9:50 AM
Brian, when you login to paypal click the send money tab. All you need is the receivers email address for sending money. It is free for you to send money. If you have any trouble PM me and I can give you more details.

Thank you Zahid - I will do this either today or tomorrow , I'll give you a PM if I have problems
Brian

Gary Keedwell
11-09-2007, 10:53 AM
A long standing creeker and a compassionate woodworker, Dennis Peacock, is facing some major long term medical expenses due to a recent development in his family. The health insurance provided by his employer does not cover all expenses and he has to foot a significant portion of these bills out of his pocket. Needless to say other aspects of their life have started to suffer due to the immense financial burden this new development has put on their earnings and any savings.

Dennis has been a part of this community since its inception, and is always the first one to raise his hand when any other creeker needs help. Although he is a man of great pride and refuses to ask for any help, some of us have talked to him and he has reluctantly agreed to accept whatever SMC can come up with.

Although the medical expenses will be a long term financial strain they will have to find a way to manage, some of us thought that we should do what we can to "pitch in". Please keep in mind this is an initiative taken upon by a few close friends, Dennis has nothing to do with it. If anyone has any moral or principled objections to this concept I am to blame for it, so please direct you criticisms towards me.

I am going to keep track of the collections, while Joe Meazle has agreed to help and keep things in line. The status will be posted under this thread.

Zahid Naqvi
2819 Valley Park Drive
Little Rock, AR 72212.

P.S. I have received a few checks made out to Dennis, Please address all checks to Zahid Naqvi or Joe Meazle, we would like to keep all contributions anonymous as far as Dennis is concerned.
Zahid....I finally got Pay Pal figured out (computer challenged) Money on the way.
Gary

Brad Schmid
11-09-2007, 12:15 PM
Zahid - just PP'd a donation to you. Be well Peacock family.
Brad

Dave Fifield
11-12-2007, 5:39 PM
Hi Zahid,

Did you get my PayPal donation on Nov 7th? It would have been from paypal@xyzlaser.com

Cheers,
Dave Fifield

Lars Thomas
11-13-2007, 2:47 PM
Zahid, you have PayPal!

Zahid Naqvi
11-14-2007, 6:25 PM
Hi Zahid,

Did you get my PayPal donation on Nov 7th? It would have been from paypal@xyzlaser.com

Cheers,
Dave Fifield

Dave, I got it

Zahid Naqvi
11-14-2007, 6:32 PM
I think we are headed down the home stretch. I am going to officially close this funds drive at midnight on this Saturday. Sometime this Sunday I will post the final numbers. After which I will personally stop accepting funds with reference to this drive. I suppose you can always contact Dennis directly if you wish after this weekend.

A great thanks to all who participated in this funds drive, it gives a whole new meaning to WWing family.

Bruce Page
11-14-2007, 8:42 PM
Very cool Zahid. Thanks for heading this up.

John Shuk
11-14-2007, 9:15 PM
Kudos to you Zahid. You are a truly good friend.

Pete Jordan
11-17-2007, 10:57 AM
Paypal Sent

God Bless you Dennis!

Zahid Naqvi
11-20-2007, 3:51 PM
sorry, I have been a little late posting the final update, but life at work is real hectic these days trying to close a bunch of stuff before the holiday weekend hits us. I just need to find an hour or so one night to go through my paypal account as well as the bank account and tally up everything.

Zahid Naqvi
11-21-2007, 3:03 PM
After adding up all the paypal donations and the checks that came in through mail, the total stands at $2979, with 72 individual donors. The almost in the title is because of a new development last night that may add a contribution to these numbers, for now it is only an inquiry and may not materialize.

Once again I would like to thanks all the people who contributed.

Jim Becker
11-21-2007, 4:07 PM
That's wonderful news, Zahid! Thanks again for leading the charge within our community to be helpful to one of our own.

Zahid Naqvi
11-26-2007, 10:59 AM
With this post the funds drive officially ends. I delayed posting the final numbers because a creeker had PM'd me to makeup the $20 to get the total to an even $3000. I got the check in mail this weekend. Hence the total now stands at an even $3000

Jim Becker
11-26-2007, 11:47 AM
That's WONDERFUL, Zahid! Thanks for leading the charge on this important community effort.

Steve Clardy
11-27-2007, 12:13 PM
:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Glenn Clabo
11-27-2007, 5:16 PM
Couldn't have said it better Steve...

Dennis Peacock
11-28-2007, 10:49 AM
To each and every one of you....I'd like to say:

Thank You!!!!!