PDA

View Full Version : Bessey Clamp Extender

Byron Trantham
10-25-2007, 8:59 AM
I saw the new clamp extender accessory from Bessey reviewed in Fine Woodworking. I couldn't find them so I contacted Bessey directly. They gave me a couple locations in my area that should have them except that both companies have been out of business for a long time. They also sent me "a sample" which I got last night. Man what a clamp/extender! I want to buy three more but the only place that even recognizes them is Tool King and they don't have a delivery date yet - too new I guess. Anyway if you saw the review and thought you might like to have one (or two, or three) they will be a great accessory for your Besseys. Th is thing is built like a tank (Bessey).

Keith Starosta
10-25-2007, 9:10 AM
Hey Byron! What were the two sources they gave you in our area?

- Keith

terry hansen
10-25-2007, 9:11 AM
If you're referring to those that connect 2 K-bodies together - both rockler and woodcraft list on their websites and I'm sure other major suppliers do also. I have several and they do work very well.

Michael McCoy
10-25-2007, 10:18 AM
Hartville Tool has them on sale now for under $10. I ordered some a few days ago.

Lance Norris
10-25-2007, 1:21 PM
I just bought 4 from Hartville Tool. I live close by so I walked in to buy and the guy behind the counter said they had 73 in stock. That was Oct. 24 2007. And they work with the Jet parallel clamp as well.